Thread: My first saber - Protéctor Eórum

Default My first saber - Protéctor Eórum

This is the first saber I've built, after studying this website, its links, and asking an occasional question. All parts are TCSS of course and uses a PRIZM board, 18650 3.7V battery, and Tri-Cree GGW. It took two years between designing, buying parts, waiting for parts, and finding time to put it together.
    hilton.jpghiltaux0.jpghiltoff.jpgon2.jpg
    The hardest part wasn't learning how to use the PRISM board or do the electronics; I had the hardest time with the physical layout and getting the wires to fit where I wanted them. I had no idea how difficult that would be until I actually had to do it. It was also hard to put the auxiliary switch where I put it - right above the heat sink of the LEDs. I do not recommend doing that! I had to use JB Weld to keep the aux switch in place, but it works. I also do not recommend the layout I used for the recharge port and anti-vandal switch. They are right across from each other. I broke by first recharge port trying to make that fit.

Thanks to everyone who tirelessly contribute to this hobby and post tutorials and answer new comer questions! Without you guys I wouldn't have embarked on this project! A link to other pictures below.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskStUQYJ

Looks great!

Great job on your first, especially with the tricky switch configuration!

Nice clean design, congratulations...

Nice saber. Congrats.

Generic Jedi: Thanks; I wanted a aux switch in a location that I could do blaster blocking with one hand and easily spin the saber near its center of gravity (which is right at the end of the emitter) without re-positioning my hand. That part worked out well.

Thanks guys! I think if I make one in the future it will have the battery and sound card mounted together in acrylic chassis discs. The sad part is that since I placed the battery in the grenade grip section and sound card/speaker in the rear I have no room for a crystal chamber and lots of cramming of wires since they got long. I am guessing having the battery and card together frees up room for a crystal chamber. Oh well - live and learn! All part of the fun.

I will have to study how you master builders on this site placed your aux switches.
    Last edited by Ris Liam; 04-09-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Nice work.