Thread: Cram Fu - How do?

Default Cram Fu - How do?

I look through the build logs and galleries that show beautiful internal wiring set ups. My friend and I just did two sabers. They were kind of quick builds but we used sleds / chassis, and wiring harness on the second one, but the wiring still looks like an Astromech threw up inside the hilt. What advice can you give for how to use the minimal amount of wires but still have enough slack to not accidentally yank a connection loose?
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

It's mostly in the design and planning - and having skillz doesn't hurt either.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Slack? What's slack?

If it's in a chassis don't leave slack, wire things exactly as long as they need to be. When I wired up Pathfinder I ended up desoldering a couple connections to trim a cm or less to make it fit better!