Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weathered hilt project

Default Weathered hilt project

Just finished this build yesterday...well almost. Some small details like a blade tip, mirror, and set screw for the LED housing...details details. The switch cover took the most time here. Turned a tube out of solid stock to the proper diameter, them cut it into quarters, then milled it. I enjoy tinkering.... here are some pics. I will post more later today of some of the fabrication. The photo shows the blade color as a pinkish red, the LED is Orange-Red! My iPads camera just does not like that wavelength of light. Sanded the outer part of the blade with 500 grit on my wood lathe the finish was nice and smooth just needs a tip. It does have diffusing film inside. Hope you like it.IMG_1344.jpgIMG_1345.jpgIMG_1346.jpgIMG_1347.jpgIMG_1348.jpg
    More photos...IMG_1349.jpgIMG_1350.jpgIMG_1351.JPGIMG_1352.jpgIMG_1353.jpg
    Last edited by k6gad; 04-07-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Looks great.

Wow really nice looking job. The weathering looks perfect.

Nice looking saber.

Last one of the switch cover after ball milling edge....IMG_1355.jpg
    Last edited by k6gad; 04-08-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Last edited by k6gad; 04-09-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Beautiful job. On top of your millwork, I'm a big fan of your greeblies. They add a nice touch to the feel of the saber.

Do you have a sound card in there? Looks like some cramming if so on a order surpassing my issues. Bravo!

Nice. I like that emitter design. Definitely Sith worthy :P
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Your work on this is excellent sir. Man I wish I had the tools and space to do stuff like this.
    I really do like the switch box, and I always loves me some weathering. And it looks great!
    -Darkmatter73