Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My first MHS build: Brimstone

Crystal Chamber up and running. Waiting on main LED. Hope to fire her up this weekend!!!!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Worked through a lot of issues, but finally finished! Here she blows:

Now, onto my Graflex 2.0 with Darth Ryo Chassis, Crystal Chamber reveal, and NB4!!!!!

Tom

Looks really impressive here
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

I totally forgot to demo "easy blaster". If you hit the aux button to get blaster deflection, and then swing the saber, the saber will continue generating blaster deflections on each swing until you rest the saber a few seconds to get it to release easy blaster mode.

This thing is just bad to the bone. It can do so much, its almost overwhelming. Lots of gimmicks for sure. My next saber won't be quite so complex in function. My Graflex will be just a simple saber, simple board, simple chassis, simple hidden crystal chamber in chassis. Mako was a test of my abilities/capabilities. Now, time to put them to work building more realistic sabers! Mako was for me. It turned out better than I imagined.

Tom

I didn't like the tactile switch, and couldn't find a hat I liked. That exposed tactile switch looked stupid. I had just built my Graflex, and used the TCSS Buttons as set screws on an ESB version. So, I had the Parks buttons, both of them...the one with the screw threads and the one with threads at bottom of base. I couldn't find a big enough tap for the bigger threads on the one button, plus, with Mako being rounded, with no flat surface, I don't think there are enough threads on that button to catch. So, I tapped the hole for 10-32 and used the other graflex button. I also painted the anodized red button an antique red misted with black to match the bladeholder and the pommel. I then de-soldered the old wires, and pulled them out (They were a weakness anyway). I then pulled 2 new switch wires using a clothes hanger as a kind of saber snake. Stuck the wires out through my new threaded hole, threaded them through button base, and soldered them onto the graflex factory tactile button (the one with the PCB). I then used E 5000 to glue the switch into the base, and a bit more to glue the red button onto the tactile switch! I then soldered the red button to the board. The Graflex button is now my main switch, and the illuminated 12mm is my aux switch. I am much happier with the appearance now. She is up and running like a mule. PS, also used threadlocker in the button threads, where the button threads into the saber at the 10-32 hole, and put a scuba diving oring at the base of the switch. The switch was meant for a flat surface, not a rounded one, so the oring takes up some of that space, and ties in my saber name to my other passion: scuba diving. I just like the fact that I'm learning new skills (wiring the red button will come in handy if I do a TFA or ANH Graflex in the future. I'm getting very confident in many of these skillsets.

Now, I'm working on a custom font for this saber using Jaws soundtracks! I'm learning how to do that too. Here are some pics!

board rewired.jpgbuttontop.jpgbuttonside.jpglitwide.jpg

Re-designed this saber to include the RC Port in the chassis! Kind of finished the Jaws soundfont; although I need to capture the quotes direct instead of the way Audacity is capturing it via speaker output. Too much noise in the quotes. My hum is dead on, swings good too, as are clashes. I just need to get the quotes clearer, and the Jaws font for Mako is done! Added Shameem's Necro font and a gold blade, its wicked. Here she is in modified form:

Mako Rebuild Progress, this is re-build #4 for this TCSS MHS saber, and probably the last. This one is the coup de gras!

Saber pics, you may not notice much change here, but there are hints of it in the photo. Wait til you see the vid:

Building a special bladeplug for Mako (Hint as to her style):
    Supplies:

Blade plug end:

Business end, courtesy of TCSS/Plecter:

Video coming, next post.

Tom

Video of her in action!

Tom