Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wiring check please?

Default Wiring check please?

Well, last time I wired up a Nano Biscotte it didn't go well (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-gets-very-hot) so I decided to wait to solder on the harness and hook up the battery until after I have someone who actually knows what they're doing (this is my first electronics project) take a look at it.

Here's my wiring:
    wiring 1.jpg

And a close-up of the recharge port:
    wiring 2.jpg

Here's hoping I haven't made a horrible mistake again.

Could you get a better close up of the recharge port? The pic is too blury to really see which wire is going to which leg.

Here, hopefully these help. My phone sucks at taking close-ups, sadly.

wiring 3.jpg
    wiring 4.jpg

Looks right to me.

Thanks. I've got it all wired up now and... it isn't working? No startup sound or anything. Maybe the battery needs charging, though it tested at 3.56v. This is the 3400mAh 18650 pack from the store.

I've charged the battery until it's reading 4v and it still doesn't work. I've confirmed with my multimeter on the pins of the wiring harness that power is getting to the board, but there's still no power on sound and nothing happens when I push the switch. I've gone over my wiring and soldering again and I can't see anything wrong. Am I just cursed or something?

Pictures:

NB close.jpg
    nb close 2.jpg
    nb close 3.jpg
    nb close 4.jpg

It occurred to me that the lack of a boot sound might be caused by a bad speaker, so I tested it and I'm not getting any continuity, so that seems to explain that. But the LED does work, so the question is: would a bad speaker keep the board from turning the LED on? Is there something else I'm missing? Anyway, I'll get a new speaker when I get the chance and see how that goes.

When you removed the speaker, everything else started working correctly? The switch turns the LED on and off?

No, removing the speaker made no difference.

You could try removing the recharge port and plugging the battery into the board directly.
    That's probably not it though, since you are getting power to the board.

Check all your JST connectors. They can be difficult to put together just right. I've had some that the wires weren't properly seated in the housing. When I tried to connect two plugs, the wire and crimp pin were pushed out of the housing. Others were almost seated right, but would get pushed out just a little bit. Not enough for the wire to pop out of the housing, but just enough for a bad connection.