Thread: Pico Crumble issue

Default Pico Crumble issue

I have a Pico setup with Tri-Rebel R-G-RB and 18650 battery (fully charged). I currently have a 1ohm 2W resistor between the RB and 1st channel, and when I power it on, the swing sounds play continuously until turned off. I have also tried no resistor (as stated in the Pico manual as possible) with the same result.

Trying to get 2 of these done within the next week, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

should be fine running the rB with no resistor. Is your battery fully charged?

A photo of your wiring and soldering may yield some opinions on a fix.

I did some further testing today and I believe the issue is that I have everything in fairly close proximity in a TCSS chassis setup with the high bass speaker and the card is picking up the vibration from the speaker and activating the swing sensor. It seems that the cards I received are set to a pretty high sensitivity, and I assume I can't change that without the RICE connection and editor, correct?

That is correct. The rice cable is a common UART serial USB and it would be possible to temporarily solder the pads to jumper wires to use the RICE interface which is free to download. If you don't have a RICE cable, but know someone who plays with Arduinos they may have a cable you can use.

I managed to borrow a speaker from another saber, which is one of the TCSS premium speakers and not the bass speaker. Problem solved! I have never had that sort of issue with a bass speaker when I installed with a NB, so I figured it would be fine with the Pico. I guess not.

Anyway, I guess I will remember to use the premium speaker with Pico from now on!

Did this solve the problem permanently? I'm having the issue with my bass speaker near the sensor on the PRIZM card