Thread: will the MWS system work in an Ultrasaber hilt?

Default will the MWS system work in an Ultrasaber hilt?

hey everyone on the TCSS forum. I have a big question to ask you all. will the Modular wiring system work inside an Ultrasabers Domonix V2 hilt? I wanted to ask because I have no experience in wiring/soldering, and want prewired electronics that will be essentially easy to install with very little to no wiring or soldering required. my goal and reasons for asking is because I wanted to gut my electronics currently inside my Ultrasabers Domonix V2 stunt saber and put new ones in it, but I have no soldering/wiring equipment or any electronics experience. and if I do buy the MWS parts I need, how much skill will I need in wiring/soldering, if any?

thanks in advance everyone

Most of it will, but some won't. As far as I know, the only thing that won't fit is the speaker part, assuming you're doing sound. If so, your best bet is probably to get an MWS battery pack and then the 20mm speaker (which will require just a bit of soldering, which will be very easy with a tiny bit of practice), and purchase a speaker housing from Shapeways, or just secure it to the bottom of the battery pack with hot glue or something. Also, the pommel for that saber is a solid piece, so consider drilling a hole into it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that saber is not US's standard diameter, so should you acquire any more of their products, the MWS will likely fit just fine.

Hope that helps! Happy sabering!

You'll also need to solder in a resistor, because the MWS LEDs aren't resistored.