Thread: MHS Questions

Default MHS Questions

Ok, I'm getting ready to build. I have a rough plan, and MHS Parts figured out. I do have some questions.

1. My plan only uses extensions, ribbed one. Can TCSS drill a switch hole in an extension? How about a ribbed extension? I don't see an option in services menu for drilling a hole for a recharge port. Is the recharge port hole similar to some other standard switch?

2. Many of the red chassis disks I'd like to order, I can't find anywhere in the store pages. I've seen them used in Madcow's videos, but can't find them, where are they?

3. Which metal disk is oversized to serve as a stop on the back of chassis prior to pommel?

4. Will standard MHS chassis disks fit into extensions? Will they fit past adapters?

I'm planning a crystal reveal RGB Saber with recharge port, and probably single anti-vandal lighted (maybe RGB) switch. I will need to build separate chassis for the crystal chamber and soundcard/battery/speaker. The way I want to set my saber up, I think the switch sticking down into the hilt would not allow you to slide the full chassis length into the saber.

5. Has anyone built a separate chassis for a Crystal Chamber? Can you use the large metal disks on those chassis pieces to lock them into extension? I'm using the extension with large cut-outs for Crystal Chamber at the top of saber near emitter. Switch below that in a ribbed extension. Ribbed extension will house the battery, soundcard, speaker.

I'm in planning phase.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Ok, I'm getting ready to build. I have a rough plan, and MHS Parts figured out. I do have some questions.

1. My plan only uses extensions, ribbed one. Can TCSS drill a switch hole in an extension? How about a ribbed extension? I don't see an option in services menu for drilling a hole for a recharge port. Is the recharge port hole similar to some other standard switch? Yes, but best to always email the shop and ask these types of questions so that everything is clear on both ends.

2. Many of the red chassis disks I'd like to order, I can't find anywhere in the store pages. I've seen them used in Madcow's videos, but can't find them, where are they? Laser cutter died. Check the Facebook page for updates.

3. Which metal disk is oversized to serve as a stop on the back of chassis prior to pommel? Disc 5 would work for that.

4. Will standard MHS chassis disks fit into extensions? Will they fit past adapters? Not sure what you consider "standard." Certain discs will fit in normal extensions and other discs will fit in ribbed sections. Just compare the ID of extensions and OD of discs.

I'm planning a crystal reveal RGB Saber with recharge port, and probably single anti-vandal lighted (maybe RGB) switch. I will need to build separate chassis for the crystal chamber and soundcard/battery/speaker. The way I want to set my saber up, I think the switch sticking down into the hilt would not allow you to slide the full chassis length into the saber.

5. Has anyone built a separate chassis for a Crystal Chamber? Can you use the large metal disks on those chassis pieces to lock them into extension? I'm using the extension with large cut-outs for Crystal Chamber at the top of saber near emitter. Switch below that in a ribbed extension. Ribbed extension will house the battery, soundcard, speaker. There are several ways you can do it. Keep researching, I'm sure you'll find something.

I'm in planning phase.

Tom
    See above
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

There are no rules! Come up with awesome ideas and figure out how to pull them off. Your only limit is the laws of physics!

Thank you both for the feedback. I guess once the laser cutter gets operational again, I'll just order a megaton of different chassis parts and figure it out. I appreciate the feedback. I am finishing my second Kylo Ren Black Series modification now, and am going more complex on that build. Illuminated AV switch, and accent LED's in pommel. Its all working according to my plan. So with my MHS, I want to go super nuts. RGB, RBG Illuminated Switch, RGB LED for Crystal Chamber. Following Mad Cow's videos for much of that. Seems like the hardest part will be figuring out he chassis in top and bottom, and programming color mixes. Other than that, it all seems straight forward. I am pretty excited about all of this! Fun stuff. I even have the whole resistor calculation/OHM's law thing down. Its amazing the skills I've picked up just in the last month while doing these conversions. The conversions are boring, I want to build my own design.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."