Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Elucidator

Default The Elucidator

A friend of mine is doing a Kirito from *Sword Art Online* costume, and asked me and my friend to make her the Photon Sword used in the later episodes.

What we were trying to accomplish: http://pm1.narvii.com/5618/4f80977c5...b6f3c8d_hq.jpg

What we accomplished: http://i.imgur.com/V9UD88V.jpg

More pictures: http://imgur.com/a/X2hOb

Still have to fix the blade for it, we were up until 2am trying to finish this.

Basic specs:

Aluminum MHS hilt
    Crumble soundboard with LightMeat
    RGB LED
    Purple AV switch
    Belt loop made from some steel cooking implement i found at the dollar store, bent on a vise and epoxied together
    Standard speaker - was going to use the 2 watt Base but had trouble getting it wired and inserted into the speaker holder
    single LiIon battery
    Recharge port
    Shroud polished to dang near mirror finish with Flitz polish
    Custom stand
    3D Printed Emitter shroud

I'll update again when i get the blade attached. I need to cut it down a bit (had to get a new pipe cutter this morning) and trying to decide if the white diffuser tube or clear wrap will look better.
    Last edited by Cern; 03-30-2017 at 08:31 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

looks great!

I really have to hand it to my friend. He polished the hell out of the shroud.
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

I thought that was chrome sink tube! I'm not sure I've ever seen aluminum that polished outside of Greenie's signature piece! Also, loved SAO, though by the time it got to this part it seemed to be an epilogue too many.
    Last edited by jbkuma; 03-29-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Totally cool. I'm an SAO fan myself and would love to find a way to recreate the audio of the photon saber.
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

That Flitz stuff is great.

Nice. I think clear cellophane would look better with a purple blade. If its a retention screw you need TCSS has it or any hardware store, like if that's what you were talking about. Looks cool though =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

yeah went with the clear cello wrap. Friend needs this in 5 days so i dremeled the screw that holds down the pommel end of the shroud so it wasnt hitting the battery sled