Thread: Afab Bshel

Default Afab Bshel

Howdy,
    Thought I might post one of my recent builds. This one actually took some time to finish. Months, quit counting how many. Just took awhile Funny thing is it took me around a minute to name it
    Enough on the history...well sort of. This hilt actually has a bit of history.
    The exterior of the hilt is an old Abbey Flash unit. Similar to a Heiland Flash in many ways. The interior is a few modified MHS parts, MHS sleeve material, TCSS chassis discs, shapeways 3D printed chassis and crystal chamber, and of course the Graflex clamp that was a spare.
    In the chassis a Prizim v4, RGRB LED, and a small quartz crystal in the chamber. The hilt totals out at 12" in length and has some weight to it. It may look like a bit of a beast at first glance, but the grip on it is really quite nice.
    Now I throw a bunch of pictures at you

And a bunch more....of the inside

The AUX and PWR switches are located under the black clamp card on either end. Over all I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
    The pommel needs to be vented, I didn't feel as though I could do it justice with a dremmel or drill so its being sent off to a fella with a mill.
    I dig the shapeways chassis and CC's however next time I think I'll go with a metal printed one.
    Lastly, if you take a look at what the part is that I used to make the hilt. You will figure out where it got its name.
    Thanks for looking
    MTFBWAOY
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 03-27-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Very nice work Noyl.

That looks really good. A metal chassis that looked like that would be ideal.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 04-27-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Blog Entries

I like it, a lot.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Outstanding work! Did you hand paint the G3D chassis ?

Fantastic work. The chassis and chamber look great.