Thread: Speaker Holder Question

Default Speaker Holder Question

Good Morning saber land. I was doing some test fitting for my first build and I have a question on the speaker holder. I'm using the V6 holder and when I fit it into the body, the fat end where the speaker sits is very snug when it gets to the threads. I'm sure that is by design, but I'm afraid to push it up past the threads because it doesn't feel like I am going to be able to get it back out. Is that normal or do I have to sand down the speaker holder a bit?

Also, I was going to use the shield tubing to cover the holder, but it does not fit in the body. If I can't get the tubing to work, are there other suggestions for protecting the sound board and wires?

You can sand it down a bit if you'd like a looser fit. It shouldn't harm anything.

For the shield tubing, cut a slit down the tubing lengthwise. It'll fit much easier afterwards.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckasauras View Post
    Also, I was going to use the shield tubing to cover the holder, but it does not fit in the body. If I can't get the tubing to work, are there other suggestions for protecting the sound board and wires?
    I had to sand down my chassis discs to make them fit inside the electronics shield. I staked them all together over a long screw with a wing nut, put that in a drill and held some sandpaper around the full thing. Turn and the drill and let it sand everything down for me. Made quick work and kept everything pretty round in the process. Not sure if you can do the same with the shield itself to sand it down a bit if it doesn't fit inside the hilt. I guess it depends on how close it is to fitting.

Thanks Serpent. I should have thought of cutting it. I'll try that when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    I had to sand down my chassis discs to make them fit inside the electronics shield. I staked them all together over a long screw with a wing nut, put that in a drill and held some sandpaper around the full thing. Turn and the drill and let it sand everything down for me. Made quick work and kept everything pretty round in the process. Not sure if you can do the same with the shield itself to sand it down a bit if it doesn't fit inside the hilt. I guess it depends on how close it is to fitting.
    Thanks Rampant. I'll probably sand down the speaker holder a bit and then take Silver Serpent's suggestion for cutting the tubing. That should let me pull it a bit tighter to get the clearance I need.