Thread: Wiring setup question. Can't find an answer

Default Wiring setup question. Can't find an answer

Hello Everyone,

Building a Seventh Sister Saber for my daughter and have the following parts.

2 Momentary switches

1 li-ion battery

1- battery recharge port

1 momentary to latching convertor

2 Rebel Star LEDs

My questions are-

Do I need two momentary to latching convertors? One for each switch? Or can I get away with one? Also if I need two I'm assuming I'll need an extra battery and recharge port?

Also what's the best way to go about wiring everything up? I've wired some fans before but nothing like this.

Thanks for any advice.

Are you building a stunt saber (no sound)?

What do you want your buttons to do?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Are you building a stunt saber (no sound)?

What do you want your buttons to do?

Stunt saber with no sound, just want the button to light up and when pressed turn the Rebel star on. Also forgot to mention that I have a buckpuck as well in

IMG_1196.jpg

Pardon my awful attempt to draw my current layout or why it's upside down
    Last edited by WookieeFeet; 03-27-2017 at 06:55 AM.

I have never used a momentary to latching converter, but had considered it as a better option to a relay.

Are you using a pololu board? The low current version?

You don't need two switches, but if you wire both in parallel to the mom to latch converter it should work. I'm not sure what the minimum voltage is required for the board.

Are you building a staff saber?

Quote Originally Posted by Whosle View Post
    I have never used a momentary to latching converter, but had considered it as a better option to a relay.

Are you using a pololu board? The low current version?

You don't need two switches, but if you wire both in parallel to the mom to latch converter it should work. I'm not sure what the minimum voltage is required for the board.

Are you building a staff saber?
    No pololu board.

I would like one switch to ignite one side and vice versa. Would prefer each side to be independent. Or I could use one switch to ignite both sides and Block the rebel star that's not being used when it's a single blade. Other switch could be just for show I suppose.

If you want each side to ignite independently, you'll need two converters.

As an FYI, the momentary to latching converter is a pololu board.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    If you want each side to ignite independently, you'll need two converters.

As an FYI, the momentary to latching converter is a pololu board.

Ah thank you. Well it's been a couple of days and I got everything figured out except how to get the switches to illuminate. Any idea where I need to wire them to?

If you wire them in parallel to the blade LEDs they will light when 'ignited' or wire them to the recharge port and they will light when the kill key is removed.