Thread: Kyberlight sound card replacement

Default Kyberlight sound card replacement

I have a Kyberlight saber that is great as a stunt saber for dueling. But the sound it comes with is very basic, single sound fonts for swing and foc. Does anyone have an idea what sound card could replace theirs? I believe it also operates the rgb 20 color mixing.

img_0195_2.jpg

Plecter Labs' boards are sold in the shop here. Look up for wiring diagrams in the manuals, on the Plecter Labs homepage..
    Join me, join the dark side!

Oh sorry, forgot that there is a comparison board on the plecter labs website, too. If you take a look at it you can decide which board and features you need.
    Join me, join the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheForce View Post
    Oh sorry, forgot that there is a comparison board on the plecter labs website, too. If you take a look at it you can decide which board and features you need.
    Thanks, I'll take a look!

OK, it seems like the Crystal Shard could work. The original sound card has two quick connect wires that run to the led. One for the Green/blue and Red/white, I found disconnecting the red/white eliminates those color mixes and foc. How can I tell how many color channels these cards have?
    http://plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/Com...ter_boards.php

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    OK, it seems like the Crystal Shard could work. The original sound card has two quick connect wires that run to the led. One for the Green/blue and Red/white, I found disconnecting the red/white eliminates those color mixes and foc. How can I tell how many color channels these cards have?
    http://plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/Com...ter_boards.php
    Crystal Shard boards are not sold to the public. Those are only availabkle to certain Sabersmiths.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Unfortunately you will have to give up either color mixing (Pico Crumble) or multiple sound fonts (Nano Biscotte) depending on which board you buy. You can also spend a little bit more and have both with the Prizm.