Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New MHS idea. Wanna run by everyone for opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Debating extending the shroud to just barely lay over the leather grip.
    The shroud fits very tight to the hilt and isn't as thick as you might expect. The leather I had was almost as thick as the shroud, so I am not sure how much you will be able to overlay. You will have to experiment when you have the materials.

Good to know. I was planning on making several shrouds to see what worked best. Still not 100% on the shroud design.

Decided to place a partial order this morning to get the Ribbed section, activation box, and the mounting milling expecting that to take a little bit. Nope. It's shipping this afternoon

Just.......WOW!

While awaiting the rest of my hilt (due in Monday) I'd starting getting together my electronics and other bits.

Just purchased some leather from Defcon4 over at Imperial Royal Arms for the wrapping as well.

Building my list for the inners I have:

Nano V3
    Premium Speaker
    Speaker Mount V5
    Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module (since the 3000mAh is out of stock)
    Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
    16 Short AV Switch

Now I'm stuck on deciding the LED. I'm think the Tri-Cree and leaning towards a deep orange color. Wondering how Red Orange/Amber would look with white as a FoC die.

Also is the Custom 3-Up Cree High Power LED from LEDsupply the same as the custom TriCree here as long as you choose XP-E2 dies?

TCSS uses copper heatsinks, which have better heat dissipation.

I'd planned on buying the heat sink and lens etc from here. Just curious is those led units themselves were the same

Also think I'm going to go with Pommel style 4 black powder coated if Tim can do that and get the ring in non anodized.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    TCSS uses copper heatsinks, which have better heat dissipation.
    *facepalm* nevermind I'm dumb. I wasn't thinking the heatsink comes with the LED and you can't get it separately.

What he was referring to is the star shaped pad that the led's are soldered to, not the heatsink that comes in the led module. LedSupply uses aluminum star pads so the led's will run warmer than they do if you buy them here.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Yea I figured that's what he meant.

Got shipping confirmations on my internals and my powder coated pommel order. Just placed order for my LED, heat sink etc. That wraps up my parts orders.

While I spent way more than I planned to when I first came here asking opinions on one of those other sabershops.............I'm incredibly happy with what I've got started here

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here.