Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New MHS idea. Wanna run by everyone for opinions

Default New MHS idea. Wanna run by everyone for opinions

Idea001.jpg

Ok, been kicking around an idea simply to use Blade Holder 24. At the same time I'm trying to keep the main hilt cost down a bit,....as this is my first full build (can expand on later ), I do plan to add electronics later to this,....full NBv3 set up.

Under the wrap is just a 4" double female extension, with another 5" for the rest of the body.

My main question, is the trim ring slightly bigger than the main MHS diameter as it looks in the images on the store site? I'm hoping to use them to effectively lock the wrapping in and give a smoother feel to the wrap.

All my other ideas revolve around using actual flashes as sabers hilts. Which of course suffers from lack of reasonable sellers on eBay.

Yes it is slightly wider, but it is tight to the body of the hilt.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I am not sure what you are planning for a chassis, or if you are going to want to do a cyrstal reveal, but you should probably put the 5" towards the pommel and wrap that in the leather. This will give you enough space for the recharge port, 3.7 battery pack and speaker (needs at least 4.5"). Then you can fit your chassis in there and put the rest in the upper extension -- switch, etc. there. Plus, I think it will look better with more leather than metal (in this design).

Good luck!

You're right. It would look slot better and while I don't know if I'll end up with a crystal reveal I am doing a chassis just to keep the internals clean and easy to access so that's a great point!

Thanks!

idea002.jpg

Ok so a little reworking. Switched around the 5" and replaced the 4" double female with the Ribbed v Grooved ext. Changed the pommel out to V10 which adds a ring right at the seam to perform how i wanted the trim ring to perform (slightly raised about the 5" double female's diameter). Until I remembered I forgot the pommel insert, I actually kept it in pretty miuch the same price range.

Now the only part I'm not sure about is switch location. I've seen them in the Ribbed V Grooved parts before....just not sure I like that. But on the other hand it does really make that switch harder to hit by mistake from how it looks. But at 12.2 inches I'm sure I don't want to add another section to hold the switch.

If you add a shroud over the grooved section you can put your switch in place and have a smooth base around which it "seals" to the saber. Use shroud material for a better look then a sinktube. A little more expensive but it would add a lot to this saber I think.

That never even crossed my mind. Gonna try to sketch for a shrouds tonight and see what looks best. Want to minimize how much I cover that extension. Thinking kind of a top layer cover with a small support wrap maybe 1/4 wide

If you want to have an idea how leather looks on a very similar saber. Here is mine. Might give you some ideas. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...my-first-saber

Awesome design! Thanks for sharing! Like the etching too.

Prepping to order parts, figured I'd post my dated paint sketches.

Idea003.jpg
    Shroud idea:
    shroud.jpg
    Debating extending the shroud to just barely lay over the leather grip.