Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New MHS idea. Wanna run by everyone for opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You could put one in a choke, depending on which style you pick, where exactly you would place it. How you grip your saber will also play a factor into how that will work out for you.
    As far as style, I'm just thinking of a typical black tactile,...the shorter ones not the longer ones TCSS has on hand currently. I was going to look into making brass caps for it. Again still in the thinking phase on that.

How I grip it varies. On the original design I though I'd grip mostly on the leather, but as you can see by the later pics the leather has pushed down somewhat because I'm naturally gripping higher up. Mostly right at the top of the leather wrap. Playing with this latest design with a blade in, I noticed I'll grab anywhere from leather to just below the emitter breach itself.

It's kind of funny thou. Last night I finally finished my Graflex, minus a couple minor tweaks, which is my 6th saber counting 2 FX conversions, with my other half DM1 and a MPP on shelf waiting and I'm right back to the first full custom toying with reworking it being as cautious as when I first did it lol

My favorite saber is my first MHS "Mako". i have re-built it 3 times, and its currently gutted awaiting new board, and parts from TCSS for it. I love that thing. MHS is way more fun than the kits, because its your imagination at work, and coming to fruition in your hands. Mako take 4 on the bench, along with Teensy Kylos, my 6th Graflex, and I want to build a K4. Once I get the K4 and a V2, I'll have all the OT sabers. Then I need all 3 configurations of the graflex. I have ESB, current project is TFA/TLJ neopixel, then ANH with TGS Kit. I love the 2.5's 2.0s though. Fun installs, but don't push the imagination like MHS does.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

You're right. I'm excited also because I gotta SC2 second hand that I'm gonna try in this and replace the nbv3

New boards are a blast.

So, finally decided to take a turn at weathering.
    X33Qa8.jpg
    DP0yyV.jpg
    vw5hKF.jpg

Gonna touch it a bit more with scotchbrite and steel wool as a while saber vs each part plus I need to scuff up the red shiney blade retainer a bit

Still for first time weathering and first time using Aluminum Black I'm pretty happy.

Last edited by Warlock; 02-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.

cfkrro.jpg

vb4xFx.jpg

Gotta thank my wife once again. She's got way steady hands and was able to slide the holder in place

Also FJKs YouTube on using these holders had the awesome tip for prewiring and sliding the holder over the switches

Also DCs awesome tutorial on making brass switch caps!
    Last edited by Warlock; 02-04-2018 at 09:49 AM.

I can't see the photos! Lets see them switches. Good job on the weathering. Glad you got the switches in. Your wife helped you eh? That is awesome.

Tom

I had to download them, but I can see them. That worked out very well. I was cheering you on, because I've always wanted to try that. This and I wish TCSS made a double female choke. Very awesome.

Tom

Thanks. I'll correct the original post when I get home.
    I'm really happy how it came out. One of my first times breaking away from norm shall we say.