Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New MHS idea. Wanna run by everyone for opinions

That's a sweet lookin' saber Warlock. Good job on the wrap.

Gotta admit, wife finished the wrap for me lol. Hard to argue with a gal that's wrapped a few dozen tennis rackets when she offers assistance .

Well then compliments to your wife on a job well done - that's a nice looking wrap on a really good looking hilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Finally got this hilt finished up. Still playing with shrouds but right now that's more of practicing than completion.

So here she is:

It's certainly been an awesome experience. Already have my NBv4 ordered for the next one
    So. I'm thinking of rebuilding this one a bit. This was my first saber and I've learned alot in the next 3 I've built. So one thing is I'm ordering a TFU2 pommel from Solo's Hold to replace the one here. Trying to decide what to do with the middle grenade section with the switch. I like it but one this one it's just makes the whole hilt a bit to long and unwieldy.

New parts finally all arrived
    uSjsBo.jpg

Still a little unsure. -_-

Playing with this it's really grown on me. My issue now is switch location. I really don't want to put a switch through the leather wrap. Anyone ever install a tactile in a choke before? This is where I get gunshy for fear of ruining a part lol

I have not put a tactile in the choke before, but I have thought about it. My problem, is everytime have that thought, I find myself gripping the saber on the choke, and I would accidentally hit the button there. I have even thought about zapping one through the threads higher on the choke, but your emitter is right there, so the heat sink will make that tough.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

PS, I have seen guys cut out a place in heat sink/LED module to allow a tactile switch way up high. That puts you in jeopardy of wasting a MHS LED module and your emitter though. Like Yoda said in TLJ, "Mistakes are our best teacher." I tend to charge in and try stuff, and am willing to replace parts if I mess them up while I'm "learning".

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

You could put one in a choke, depending on which style you pick, where exactly you would place it. How you grip your saber will also play a factor into how that will work out for you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I have not put a tactile in the choke before, but I have thought about it. My problem, is everytime have that thought, I find myself gripping the saber on the choke, and I would accidentally hit the button there. I have even thought about zapping one through the threads higher on the choke, but your emitter is right there, so the heat sink will make that tough.
    See I had the same thought with the placement at the threads, but like you said on this emitter style that's right where the heatsink sits.