Thread: Sound beginner guide?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sound beginner guide?

Hey guys,

About to start CNCing my second saber here, and I'm hoping to add sound to this one. Problem is I have no idea where to start. I went to the Sound second on custom saber shop, clicked on the first option (Pico Crumble), started looking for the guide on how this PCB worked and was greeted with Service Menus, Fonts (what?), Color Profiles..? I am completely utterly confused. There doesn't seem to be any section of any of the pages which backs up and explains what these things are or how you use them. So here are my questions:

1. I'd like sound in my saber/ The typical "thrumming" when it's on, and a "swish" when I swing it. Nothing fancy. What's the simplest way to gain this?
    2. What is the next step up? What are my options? I'm pretty comfortable with circuitry, Arduino, pcbs, etc.

Thanks! I'm just looking to understand the basics and get started!

Edit: Found the Pico Crumble User Guide (on another site) and now understand a lot more. Sound, constant current power, all in one board? Pretty nice. I was thinking of making my own PCB to contain an Arduino and an accelerometer but it seems like that's all taken care of for me. Regardless, I'd like opinions on the best method of getting up and running with sound. Is there another board you'd recommend? Things I should keep in mind? Please let me know.
    Last edited by Zero__; 03-24-2017 at 10:32 PM.