Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Totally new to this hobby.

You will want threaded rod and spacers to go with your chassis disks. You will need 3 resistors, one for each die on your LED. I didn't do the math to see if the one you picked is ok. You'll need a heatsink appropriate for your hilt, and thermal pads (buy extras).

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    (buy extras).

You may also wanna think about a recharge port if you're securing the battery with chassis discs.

So...now that the Acrylic pieces are not available for the chassis and I'm on a time constraint. (Gotta build it before Star Wars Celebration!) Any idea, recommendations?

You could always look for a printed chasis:
    Google for the site.

And Welcome fellow new guy!

It's certainly not ideal but may be you could foam pack the electronics inside as a temporary soloution to get you through SWC.

Found this DIY chassis guide that might be useful as well. Uses PVC in place of the discs.

https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=16544.0

It says it's for the NB. Could a Pico Crumble work with this?

Moot point now, but maybe it's a good thing you didn't purchase the chassis discs. The "PC" listed for disc set S2 is actually the higher end (and physically bigger) Petit Crouton sound board. I tend to doubt that the smaller Pico Crumble would fit. I think a crumble could work in the V6 holder. It is a bit smaller than the nano biscotte, so maybe a dab of hot glue could be used to hold it in place after the soldering work is done... (just a thought)

Got all my parts today! Seems like I may be missing some things. So I bought a Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery and the Speaker holder #6. Was this a mistake? Would securing the Li-ion battery with hot glue, or electrical tape do that job? Forgot to buy my charger, DOH. Now I gotta scurry these things in.