Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ghetto-flex

MK I

with anakin hasbro toy soundboard. with a transistor it can run a tri cree at full power. This is 3 blue tricree.

I used a headlight tint to cover my blade. I tried getting itninside but It was bending too much. I have more of the tint film so I will try again. pretty cheap stuff

IMG_20170428_090005.jpg

I like it! Thanks for posting the pics....

That looks really good, great to see how you made it from scratch with found materials. So one 18650 3.7v will power a hasbro board? I've been looking into that, any suggestions or tips?

Default First Sloppy Crystal Chamber reveal!

I made my first "legit" crystal chamber!

Its pretty sloppy. The bottom speaker cover is loose. I wasn't able to hide both flicker LED's.

I had to use a bandaid to cover some wires and C-3PO belly.

Managed to get the hasbro board to light up an arctic blue tricree. Doesn't match the chamber LED at all.

Has usb charger connect and the battery is in the holder real snug.

I will most likely keep working on it a bit. Prolly give this saber to the bro in law.

IMG_20170531_101232.jpgIMG_20170531_101302.jpgIMG_20170531_101332.jpgIMG_20170531_101418.jpgIMG_20170531_101501.jpgIMG_20170531_101535.jpg

https://youtu.be/ZWw4NzWUUqw
    https://youtu.be/itFHu4DpWDQ
    https://youtu.be/8LW7qW2HCRk
    Last edited by Whosle; 05-31-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Nice. Never would've thought to use window tint before on a blade :P Isn't it a bit annoying though since its wrapped on the outside of the blade or not really? Kinda like how they suggest to tape your blade tips on basically if you plan on hardcore dueling and stuff, something to that effect. Looks like it would be a cool effect though for a cheap mans photon blade :P
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

What's that copper mesh stuff you've got in there? That's a nice effect.

Looks like it would be a cool effect though for a cheap mans photon blade :P
    I am certain it isn't as nice as the photon blades. However, Iwas impressed with how our eyes percieve the green as brighter. The cool part is you can (carefully)pull it off when wanted.
    I rolled up a small piece and tried it inside the existing film and it actually blended well.

If I had put it on smoother, and hid the seams better it would be an ok choice for testing out the different flourescent colors (and deciding which photon blade to buy). Problem is needing to cut 2 inches on the bottom for the blade holder, and some of my bunny ears didn't fit around it. I like it because I have many dedicated blue LED sabers, and with this (and photon blades)at least you can get green! It also slips over master replica blades.

You could in theory cut many little strips out and make a multi-color blade. The glass eye glows blue while the blade is green...

What's that copper mesh stuff you've got in there? That's a nice effect.
    Permanent coffee filter from wally world. If you flame it , it takes on a nice pea-fowl color.A little easier to work with than that stiff speaker mesh. I have since cleaned it up and secured it a bit better.

Its good in little bits as a band-aid, or in little view windows. If you had a good method of etching a through pattern in copper, you could easily mount this on the inside.
    Last edited by Whosle; 06-04-2017 at 01:31 PM.