Thread: Crystal Chamber Color Balance

Default Crystal Chamber Color Balance

Hello Everyone,

I build my sabers on a budget, so I like to use the PRIZM V4 card. This being the case, I'm running into a color balance issue between the blade color and the crystal chamber color. Again, being on a budget, I opted out on using the color extender as well. I tack on the RGB LED wires for the crystal chamber to the blade LED pads. So far, swapping wires has allowed for better color matching results, but is there a way to balance things out better with resistors? I use a RRGRb quad-pod LED star for my blade so the red is the dominant color in the mix. Since I only have 1 red die in my crystal LED, should I add resistors to just the green and blue and not to the red? Any input is greatly appreciated!

You won't be able to get an exact match because you're using the Quad, and even then, there is still likely to be a little variation in the colors. Also Color Extenders are not designed to be used with Prizm boards. Not using a resistor on your Red accent LED will likely just blow that LED. "Low budget" typically means you're going to have to live with the results.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

No worries, they mostly match up and still look really cool! May be using a higher resistor on the Blue & Green and a lower one on the Red?

Quote Originally Posted by jsummit View Post
    No worries, they mostly match up and still look really cool! May be using a higher resistor on the Blue & Green and a lower one on the Red?
    Red LEDs tend to pop pretty easily, so proceed at your own risk.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hmmm. May just stick with what I got then.