Thread: TCSS / Ultrasaber Hybrid

Default TCSS / Ultrasaber Hybrid

What's up guys! This is my first post on here and I must say, the work I see on here is art in itself! My band got me a lightsaber around Christmas time and as we got better, things started breaking. More, and more. Since I'm the fixer of all things for the band, I was automatically deemed the lightsaber mechanic. We all have Ultrasabers, and as I started empowering myself and spending more time practicing this "fixing" thing, I wanted to mod everything up to make things brighter, better, and more durable. Rather, Combat Ready. I found that I love using the parts here on TCSS and hope to build my own clutch Katana! I would like to see your clutch chassis that you use for combat! I'm open to all suggestions. I did learn a lot as I went along. Any tips on how to not break the acrylic discs for the recharge port? IMG_1319.jpg
    Cheers!

Hello, there. Welcome to the party dude!

Greenie

Welcome, you're going to love this hobby!
    As for not breaking the chassis discs, just be careful. Don't twist the chassis excessively because it wiggles the threaded rods which put stress on the discs. Some discs are simply thin in some areas due to the necessities of their design. Occasionally, the discs can catch on the inside of the hilt and bits can snap off. This is usually because they need to be sanded down a bit so they fit better.
    In regards to preferred chassis design that can stand up in combat, that would be a Madcow style chassis, or a pvc chassis. Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot! That really helps me out. I've been checking out those 3D printed chassis and just waiting for the check to try one out. My next question would be; Does the Obsidion Lite board fit onto the 3d printed chassis? I'll ask around on those shop forums too

Since TCSS doesn't sell 3D printed chassis or Obsidian boards, this is not the place for that question. That question should be directed to who ever is making the chassis, since they will be specifically made for one board or another.

There are plenty of chassis out there that work the Plecter boards sold here.