I'm new to saber building and this is my first time. Here's what I got:
    - MWS Nano Biscotte v3
    - 3.7v 18650 Li-ion battery
    - 12w LED
    - 2w speaker
    - Recharge port
    - Momentary switch

IMG_3528.jpgIMG_3529.jpgIMG_3530.jpg

At the very beginning of my journey, I tried to do a no-solder build using these little red connectors.

IMG_3531.jpg

However, they are very flimsy, and when I screwed the saber all together, a few of them got yanked out. So I decided I might as well solder everything. When that was all done, I fired it up, and it worked!

But then it didn't.

It would light up with sound for about 5 seconds before shutting off and playing the boot up sound again. I figured something wasn't wired right so I went back in. I jiggled the wires to the recharge port and assumed that was the problem, but the soldering was fine. I then just replaced the entire recharge port. However that still wasn't the problem, and it kept shutting off after 3-5 seconds. I then put it on a charger, thinking the battery was going bad, and after a few hours, it still kept shutting off. So then I replaced the wiring harness thinking the wiring in there was the problem... and still kept shutting off AS WELL AS the speaker now not working.

I'm about ready to give up, but I can't give up since I have so much money into it. Is there something I missed? Is there someone on this forum I can contact to send the saber to and pay to have them repair it?

You would need to properly wire the saber up and actually solder the wires/joints that you need. Also, does the LED you have come with any resistors? That could be your issue as well.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 03-20-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The LED does have a resistor on the negative wire. Also, I'm absolutely sure the wiring is where it should be.
    - LED is soldered red+ to white+ to the pre-wired board, black- to blue- to board
    - Switch, yellow to yellow to pre-wired board (since it has no positive or negative)
    - Recharge port: 1 red+ to 1 red+ on board, 1 red+ to red+ on battery; 1 black- to black- on batter, 1 blue- to black- on board
    - Speaker, even though it says it has polarity on the speaker, they're both wired to a green wire on the board.

Do you know if your battery is charged or charging when plugged in?

I'm a noobie at most of this but doesn't the resistor typically need to be on the positive wire?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    I'm a noobie at most of this but doesn't the resistor typically need to be on the positive wire?
    Nope. Either or is fine.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––