Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obi Wan FX sound board

Default Obi Wan FX sound board

Is it possible to swap out the Obi wan FX sound board and replace it with the Anakin's sound board? If so is there a tutorial on taking apart a Obi Wan FX lightsaber.
    "Lightness in body"

From what I know - yes it should work fine.

My question... why?

What are you doing with the old board?

MC

Well it's just because I like how the Anakin is more aggresive than the Obi Wan and I want my obi wan to be just as aggressive as the anakin. Plus I don't like how the obi wan sounds when it retracts. I have a Anakin Sound board that someone gave to me so I was wondering if it's a possibility.
    "Lightness in body"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

it should work. i would guess that the obi disassembles just like the luke rotj.

take off the fancy switch box cover, take apart the switch box, and then use a strap wrench to unscrew the emitter
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Is there a tutorial that someone made here or somewhere else I can look up to see how to take it apart. I've been looking everywhere on the net and can't seem to find anything on how to take the sucker apart.
    "Lightness in body"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

there is a luke tutorial here

the luke should be very similar

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Well I think I'll give it a try but I don't want to ruin my saber so I'll just have to take it one step at a time. The only thing that worries me the most is the switch board everything else looks like cake.
    "Lightness in body"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

what switch board?
    do you mean switching the ani and obi blade or dealing with the switch?

WHat are you gonna do with the old Obi sound board? I'll take it
    RED 7 Standing by...

Heh, Success it was so easy taking apart that Obi Wan, it took about 30 mins since I was really careful not to mess up anything, but everything turned out great. The only thing different I did was cut the wires to the switch and turned the nob that holds the blade and it's just like taking apart the Luke ROTJ. Now for the Sound board all I did was with the Anakin and Obi wan adapter was I did some sawing with a kitchen knife funny heh. The Obi Wan was a bit hard since it is connected to the LED strip which also had more pins so like I said the sawing worked and I got to the sound board for the Obi Wan removed it and replaced it with the Anakin Sound Board, now you might want to super glue or tape back up the adapter after wards and just start the process of puting it all back together. Then when you turn on your Obi Wan it sounds just like the anakin, a tad or a millimeter lower not that much but now you have yourself a very aggresive Obi Wan. Here are the pictures of the sound boards. Have fun

Obi Wan Sound Board

Anakin Sound Board
    "Lightness in body"