Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first MHS saber. White and weathered

Default My first MHS saber. White and weathered (pic heavy)

This is my first MHS build and i'm pretty happy over all. Also my first time weathering a saber. Just a basic stunt with a white Cree and 1" battle blade. I made a few mistakes but nothing too serious. Of course i'm hooked now. Looking forward to building more.

Last edited by BONES22; 03-18-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Super classy saber! The details you've included give it enough going on without distracting. I especially like the black piece underneath the two blade retention screws. What is that?

I like the weathering. Great job on your first!

Thx guys. That black piece is actually a part of a tattoo gun . I had that one laying around but you can find them pretty easily on ebay or sites like this one

That looks awesome! I was looking at those knurled screws on line, what length did you get? I'm assuming they are 8-32.

I like it a lot, too. I think the white blade and the weatering match up really good
    Join me, join the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    That looks awesome! I was looking at those knurled screws on line, what length did you get? I'm assuming they are 8-32.
    Thanks Jediseth. The Copper and brass screws i found on ebay and the bigger steel one is from TCSS. They are all indeed 8-32. i don't have the length for you right now but i believe minimum was 3/8". The only one holding the blade is the copper bottom screw for now. I'll have to get a longer Steel screw for the top.
    Last edited by BONES22; 03-19-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheForce View Post
    I like it a lot, too. I think the white blade and the weatering match up really good
    Thx GregTheForce. As it was coming together i just kept seeing a white blade in my mind. Now i can't imagine it with any other color.

Nice. Is that an US's V4 pommel? Kinda fits the overall look actually
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Nice. Is that an US's V4 pommel? Kinda fits the overall look actually
    Indeed! I swapped a TCSS MHS pommel with it and both sabers benefit IMO. Also, the US pommel is heavier so it ended up having a real nice balance when the blade is installed.

Last edited by BONES22; 03-20-2017 at 04:54 AM.