Thread: Obi-Wan Empty Saber Hilt?

Default Obi-Wan Empty Saber Hilt?

Hello, my name is Conner. I just (almost) finished my first saber, and I only planned on building one, buuuuut I had quite a few extra electronics from the first saber so I am building another one! It is non MHS, and I have almost finished my custom crystal chassis. I want to build an Obi-Wan saber, and it does not have to be an exact replica of the movie, but as close and as affordable as possible. Does anyone know of a place where I can get a decent EMPTY Obi-Wan saber hilt with an ID of 1.5"? Keep in mind I am on a budget. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Considering this is a forum attached to a store I'll give you the only source that is applicable.

I doubt either has an ID of 1.5" though.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hilt-Kits-C145.aspx
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Considering this is a forum attached to a store I'll give you the only source that is applicable.

I doubt either has an ID of 1.5" though.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Hilt-Kits-C145.aspx
    Yeah I saw that, the only issue is of course the ID and I wanted to see if i could find something a bit cheaper. Thanks anyway though!

That will be huge, too big to handle. Are you sure you don't mean 1.5 outer diameter?

I suggest trying out parts in the MHS builder. If that is out of your price range, you'll have to look elsewhere, and we can't make suggestions because it is against forum rules. This forum is connected to the store, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    That will be huge, too big to handle. Are you sure you don't mean 1.5 outer diameter?

I suggest trying out parts in the MHS builder. If that is out of your price range, you'll have to look elsewhere, and we can't make suggestions because it is against forum rules. This forum is connected to the store, after all.
    Ahh i see, thank you for explaining. The MHS has an ID of a little under 1.5". But yeah I get what youre saying it is probably a little too big. I found most of the parts from the MHS but the only problem is that the emitter and extension that are similar to obi wans are way too wide. I could probably affors the MHS solution if those two parts were corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeLeaderAuzy View Post
    Ahh i see, thank you for explaining. The MHS has an ID of a little under 1.5". But yeah I get what youre saying it is probably a little too big. I found most of the parts from the MHS but the only problem is that the emitter and extension that are similar to obi wans are way too wide. I could probably affors the MHS solution if those two parts were corrected.
    MHS parts have an O.D. 1.45" not an I.D. The I.D. is 1.25". TCSS will not be "correcting" those parts, this after all the "Custom" saber shop, not the "Replica" saber shop. (Also, the emitter neck must be that wide to accommodate the blade socket.)

If you want something more accurate, though, you could try this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/K4...Kit-P1174.aspx

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You've got your terms confused. ID is "Inner Diameter" and OD is "Outer Diameter"