Thread: What makes a Speaker Loud?

Default What makes a Speaker Loud?

What makes a speaker loud ohms or watts? I'm trying to find a super loud 23mm speaker.

Watts. Also have to factor in the AMP. As well what is powering it

There are decent 23mm speakers. The Watts are not unimportant, but the quality is more so. (It can hand the power, but what does it do with it?) Frequency response in your desired range is important, and the way it is installed can affect it mightily. Different pommel grids will sound very different.

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket View Post
    It goes to 11.
    Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Spinal tap jokes now? Lol

Resonance chamber makes a difference. On my kids which are all NB with 28mm bass speaker, one has the sound card in a ribbed section up front and the others have the card on top of the battery in a chassis at the rear. Its also a 5" double female with an aluminum chassis disc at the end of that 5" section before the ribbed which kind of makes a rebounding wall I guess. Whatever it is, its the loudest saber I have. As said above, the pommel grid makes a difference as well. The quietest I have is one with the pointy cone pommel. I hate it, but my son won't give it up. Likes the danger factor I guess of possibly dropping it on your foot. And I have another pommel I bought but haven't used in a saber yet - don't know the number but its the Obi Wan TPM style one with the cubes on the end. That one sounds real "tinny". I dont like the sound at all. Conversely, the loudest one has the cheapest pommel the store sells.