Thread: 20mm speaker sound

Default 20mm speaker sound

Does anyone have a video demo of how loud the 20mm speaker is? I'm considering getting one for one of my saber builds, but I would like it to be as loud as a standard 28mm speaker.

I would be surprised if they had the same sound volume. The amount of sound volume produced is directly related to the volume of air moved by the speaker. The volume of air moved is directly related to the area of the speaker. A 28 mm circle is almost twice the area of a 20 mm circle.

There are other factors as well (resonance chamber, speaker throw, speaker resistance, etc.)

My suggestion would be to use as large a speaker as you can fit in your build.

Cool, thanks. I'll stick with the 28mm. It's just that I have a very small area 1.15" ID to work with and I have to epoxy on the speaker holder for the 28mm to my chassis.

If it's any help, there is a YT vid of my last saber which is running a 20mm bass speaker. https://youtu.be/VIyJ6sMTehI

Greenie

I just installed my first 20mm speaker in my custom hilt and it sounds really good. I'm impressed by the volume of sound it produces. While I think the Premium 28mm speaker does have a better overall sound, the 20mm has a deeper bass note comparable to the 28mm bass speaker.

I don't have video or anything, and I don't have it hooked up to anything just yet, but I tested my 20mm speaker with a Bladebuilders soundboard when I got it, and it sounded great!