Thread: what do the preloaded sounds mean Nano Biscotti V3?

Default what do the preloaded sounds mean Nano Biscotti V3?

I've just finished my first saber build, nothing fancy, just a start. It's got the Nano Biscotti V3 inside and I'd just like to know what the meaning of the sounds in the preloaded sound font are.

Obviously there are the activation and deactivation sounds, but there is also a sound when I drop the battery in, a humming sound after deactivation, and then what sounds like more boot up sounds after I press the button to stop the humming sound (which is after deactivation).

I suppose my question is, why are there boot up noises and humming/crackling noises when all I want to do is have the saber turn on and off? It basically means I have to press the button several times when I want to deactivate the saber, which wouldn't be a problem were it not for the boot sounds constantly playing until I press the button three times.

Also I left the battery in while I was away for a couple of months and the battery was completely depleted when I came back even though it was (what I thought was) completely off. Are the batteries not supposed to be left in?

By the way I have a latching switch if that makes any difference, and could the boot sounds occuring after deactivation be the result of too much movement within the chassis? Perhaps the battery keeps connecting then disconnecting causing the Biscotti to think the battery is being taken out then put back in?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for being such a saber casual.

Edit: I have not changed the sound fonts at all and all the parts are exactly as they came to me.
    Last edited by Lord Dragon Master 9000; 03-13-2017 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Left something out

First things first, you need a momentary switch, clearly stated in the manual.
    Handles only momentary switches for blade activation

I think it is a momentary latching guarded switch, which I should've mentioned.

It's the one Rob Petkau uses in his "build a basic lightsaber" YT tutorial and his seems to work.

Assuming it is the right switch, are there any other reasons that I'm getting boot sounds after deactivation?

Thanks

Blog Entries

If you are talking about this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjX5Il3SnI that is a latching switch.

If you are talking about this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpUSCsXXhk that is a momentary switch.

They look the same but they function differently. Don't assume you have the right switch because it sounds like you're not sure.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Momentary and latching are different things. A momentary switch only acts momentarily, then goes back to it's normal state. A latching switch latches in position and stays that way until pressed again.

The simplest description I can think of (if this is of any help?)
    - Think of a latching switch as having the same function as a light switch in your house... flip the switch - the lights come on & stay on until you decide to flip the switch the other way and turn the lights off.

- A momentary switch on the other hand, works more like your car horn button... no current flows until you press it to make a complete circuit. As soon as you let go, the circuit is broken and the horn goes quiet.

Similarly - the Nano Biscotte is made in a way that it only works with the brief electrical signal provided by a momentary switch. The constant current flow provided by a latching switch will therefore cause the kind of malfunction you describe.

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice, hopefully I can resolve this.