Thread: MR Vader Conversions - Red Blade Question

Default MR Vader Conversions - Red Blade Question

Hi guys!

Newbie here, doing my ESB 2005 MR Removable blade conversion. I had a couple of silly questions for the experts.

What is the best blade (for accuracy and convenience / look):

1. Length
    2. Style
    3. Custom items (wrapping, day blade, effect, etc...)
    4. I assume it is a 1" OD?

Thanks so much for the help. It is greatly appreciated. This is my first Saber conversion, so I wanted to be sure I got it right.

Jon

That is a lot of personal choice:

- Blade length will depend on your height...hold your hilt at rest & measure from there to the ground
    - Style is also a personal choice, albeit a limited one...you really only have the rounded tip & the bullet tip as options (I prefer the bullet tip)
    - Not sure what you mean by wrapping, but as far as effect (shimmer, flicker, etc.) that is controlled & depends on your soundboard
    - I have both a white blade & a day blade & which I use depends on where & when Im using it...I usually use my day blade when I'm at a costume event
    out in bright light, the white balde is used indoors & at night
    - 1" diameter blades are the standard & are much easier to find/use than others

Hopefully this helps in your decision & I wish you luck in choosing the right blade for your build!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

I think with wrapping, you mean the diffuser in the blade... As you are using a red led (nothing else would make sence) I would not recommend the white blade as it washes out warm colours. For my saber build I am using 34 inches of the clear blade and the quad wrapped film from the store basically cellophane.
    Join me, join the dark side!

Thanks guys! any recommendation as to the right kind of red "day blade"?

I have the heavy duty red day blade that TCSS sells & it is awesome! Highly recommend it

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Thank you Naasad! Very much appreciated!