Thread: Best blades for showing color the best

Default Best blades for showing color the best

Hey everyone.. I need to purchase 2 new 1inch Blades and Im trying to figure out which blades would provide me the best COLOR.. they will not be used for dueling.. I just want them for SHOW.. if anyone out there has tried out several blades please provide me your input..

THANKS EVERYONE

Typically thinner blades are believed to be brighter & show color better. However, I have 2 of the heavy blades that TCSS sells (one of which is a red day blade) with their diffusers & they show brightness & color perfectly fine.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

If you're using cool colors (blue, green, cyan), then the transwhite blades work well with or without additional diffuser material. If you're using warm colors (red, amber, deep red), then the clear blades + diffusing film gives me better results.

Thin blades typically are brighter and show color better, as NaasadTal said.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

If by chance you have a blue LED saber, but would like a green blade, I have to put my two-cents in for the Photon Blades TCSS and Vader's Vault sell. I have two sabers, one with a green LED and one set up as Cyan (blue, w/ some green in the mix... and no, I can't remember the make of either off the top of my head). My Cyan saber w/ Photon blade is a much brighter, more vivid green, than my Green saber using any type of clear blade w/ film I've tried. Like, really, no comparison.

If you don't want a green blade, then just about any other type of clear blade will give the same color (since that's determined by your main LED), but vary in brightness or way the light is distributed. I have no experience with the colored blades, so maybe somebody with experience on those can chime in, though I've heard they're much less bright.
    Boring conversation anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    If you're using cool colors (blue, green, cyan), then the transwhite blades work well with or without additional diffuser material. If you're using warm colors (red, amber, deep red), then the clear blades + diffusing film gives me better results.

Thin blades typically are brighter and show color better, as NaasadTal said.
    Silver Serpent is correct imo but I would add that for PURPLE sabers [red + blue LED dies RGB-mixed] the clear blades with diffuser films are definitely better at showing the colour accurately than a transwhite.

Imo a purely ROYAL blue saber [using "royal blue" LED emitters] also looks better in a clear blade but for normal blue or cyan or green as SS says the transwhite blades are great options. YMMV of course.