Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lathe and Milling Machines?

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket View Post
    Rule #1. You do not lathe on a lathe, you turn on a lathe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning
    OMG Thank you for saying that. As a machinist of going on 40 years ( yeah, I'm an old fart ) I absolutely cringe whenever I hear or see someone saying they are "lathing" a part instead of turning a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Erik.. quit posting and get back to lathing my parts!!
    agreed with FJK ...now that's funny! ...Big ROFL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Erik.. quit posting and get back to lathing my parts!!
    HAHAHAHAHA

This might just be the among some of the best things to have ever happened on this forum.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Well from what I can see it looks like I have plenty to learn which is quite scary to say the least after what kind of feedback I'm getting but, at the same time I see this video thumbnail on youtube (sabers, saber related things, and SW are recommended videos damn youtube algorithm.) and I see Rob P. I was like "what the someone interviewed Rob??" Rob's interview IMO was so aspiring and heart numbingly awesome purely based on the fact that he made it happen for himself through hard work, fandom, dedication to his new craft, and mostly importantly his following. gave me chills and I never talk about anyone like that except for my idol Dwayne Johnson!!
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Before making any decisions to purchase a mill or lathe, I would strongly advise taking some training classes first. Your local trade school may have something available. An untrained individual + a lathe or mill = serious injury or worse.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Before making any decisions to purchase a mill or lathe, I would strongly advise taking some training classes first. Your local trade school may have something available. An untrained individual + a lathe or mill = serious injury or worse.

If I didn't make it clear this is a very far in the future idea with research and planning not an around the corner plan. I wouldn't purchase anything on impulse without knowing a thing about it. Plus I'm not a rich guy so definitely not happening soon.
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”