Thread: Anyone done this?

Default Anyone done this?

Ok so I have 2 complete sabers. Both MHS builds. One stunt one sound. I have this wild urge/idea to combine them both into a saberstaff. Now they look nothing alike. So basically I plan to add a double male in place of the pommels and have completly asymetrical saberstaff. Has anyone done anything like this before? Most staff builds are symetrical if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully the 2xmale adaptor will be here soon(shipped today) and then I can post pics. Other fun thing is neither have the same blade color or length. This thing is gonna be weird if nothing else. We will see.

Well if you don't want it to be a show saber it will be ok... I mean if you just use it for battling it doesn't matter how it looks. But of course for a alltime staff it wouldn't be ideal. Just try it out
    Join me, join the dark side!

I kinda wanna just see what a staff handles like. I have experience with a bo staff. But in all my years i have never handled a saberstaff. And I want to see how this hodge podge of a staff looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    Ok so I have 2 complete sabers. Both MHS builds. One stunt one sound. I have this wild urge/idea to combine them both into a saberstaff. Now they look nothing alike. So basically I plan to add a double male in place of the pommels and have completly asymetrical saberstaff. Has anyone done anything like this before? Most staff builds are symetrical if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully the 2xmale adaptor will be here soon(shipped today) and then I can post pics. Other fun thing is neither have the same blade color or length. This thing is gonna be weird if nothing else. We will see.
    Asymmetrical anything will look weird or off to anyone imo but, I know for myself sometimes asymmetrical items look to be the best despite my OCD of course lol.
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

I suppose the question is the sound. If not slotted double male, then perhaps some drilled holes.

Yes I plan to drill some holes in it to allow sound out. But again this wouldn't be a permanent staff. Just a fun way play around and maybe give me some ideas on a third build.

There's absolutely no rule saying you CAN'T do it...When I originally planned to get a staff, I was planning on an asymetrical build as well. My plan was to use a US dark Initiate v3 & a Dominix v3, while the hilts are similar they are very different. The idea behind it was to have a staff, but be able to go dual wield with a main hilt & a shoto hilt. I was also going to have 2 different length blades.

In the end, as with everything in this hobby, it will be your own personal preference.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts