Thread: Low Profile Kill Key

Default Low Profile Kill Key

Looking to use the chassis mounted recharge port and it looks like I will need a kill key with a very low profile, but still able to be grabbed and removed.

Any ideas or examples?

Do you want it to be decorative at all, or just a plug to have in their when not in use?
    You could epoxy a thumb tack head on. I'm using a 6-32 thumb screw which is fairly low profile, one could sand it down to make it even more so. Before that I was using the head of a machine screw.

It will be hidden inside when not in use, so not really decorative.

Make a kill key using a ground down rare earth magnet. Then use another rare earth magnet on a stick to remove it. That way you can make the head of the kill key very shallow and not need to worry about grip.

Mind you I have never done this, just brainstorming.

Do you need your kill key to be low profile? If the recharge port is inside the hilt with no exposure to the outside, you must plan to reveal the port to charge your battery. Couldn't you do the same to insert a full size kill key? Its just another option to think of.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    Do you need your kill key to be low profile? If the recharge port is inside the hilt with no exposure to the outside, you must plan to reveal the port to charge your battery. Couldn't you do the same to insert a full size kill key? Its just another option to think of.
    That would mean storing it with the bottom half of the hilt off.

It sounds like you're planning something similar to how I did mine, my RC port is hidden inside the lower half of my hilt as well. I'm lucky enough to have a friend familiar with 3D design who was able to print a low profile kill key for my saber.

I have also seen low profile kill keys on shapeways.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts