Thread: Lightspeed Saber League's 3/4" blade

Default Lightspeed Saber League's 3/4" blade

Hello! My combat organization, Lightspeed Saber League, uses exclusively 3/4" blades. Here's the best way to build them and use them so they're secure and last you a long time, even through dueling.

Far as I know, TCSS is the only supplier of the white 3/4" PC tube in the United States. Is anyone else here using it for dueling?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I'm just curious why you slit the hose? Especially since you showed that it fits over the 3/4 blade fine in one piece (if a little tough to get on, but that just means it would be more secure in my mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    I'm just curious why you slit the hose? Especially since you showed that it fits over the 3/4 blade fine in one piece (if a little tough to get on, but that just means it would be more secure in my mind)
    Good question. You don't HAVE to do it, but it makes it much easier to take off the cuff in the event you want to switch sides as illustrated in Part 4. I suppose you could just slit later as required, though you risk scarring your blade.
    Lightspeed Saber League - World's fastest, most authentic lightsaber-fencing

I've been using 3/4" blades in some of my sabers since 2004, it's nice to see someone else that appreciates them as well. The difference being my 3/4" bladed sabers actually have a 3/4" emitter socket, so no adapter needed for those particular hilts.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I've been using 3/4" blades in some of my sabers since 2004, it's nice to see someone else that appreciates them as well. The difference being my 3/4" bladed sabers actually have a 3/4" emitter socket, so no adapter needed for those particular hilts.
    Awesome! Sounds like you've tried a variety of blade dimensions. Do you have a preference?

I don't really have a preference, i just use whatever looks good on a particular saber. Original Trilogy style sabers look best with 3/4" or 7/8" blades, while Prequel saber styles tend to look better with 1".

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the tip!
    Join me, join the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I don't really have a preference, i just use whatever looks good on a particular saber. Original Trilogy style sabers look best with 3/4" or 7/8" blades, while Prequel saber styles tend to look better with 1".
    Interesting. I do feel that 7/8 is a good compromise between 1" and 3/4, aesthetically.

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheForce View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    Np!