Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lone Master a simple MHS build

Anyone have any idea how i can get the etched part to be darker? i saw a tutorial where they painted then sanded of the unwanted but my etch isnt very deep so i dont think that would work. i want it to look a bit more uniform. the method i used to etch left it a bit uneven but i dont mind that just want it to be more noticeable.maybe even a bit weathered. again i have no experience with weathering so some help would be nice. thanks

If you use a metal polish, the black 'dirt' it brings out will darken etching if you rub it in. If that makes sense

yea it does never thought of that. i wish i could make a chassis like you Greenie. the saber in your sig is awesome. i would love to be able to pull that much detail off.

Thank you Thalan.

well my amber Led is on its way so i will post pics when it makes it here

Hey does anyone know where I can get another retention nut for a 12mm av switch? Mine kinda went down the vent. Hoping I can find one in a hardware store cause I dont want to have to order a new switch just for the nut.

Hardware store should have one. Ace Hardware seems to have a better selection of nuts and bolts than the big-name stores (Lowes, Home Depot).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

cool there is one right by my house

added new photo with the amber cree i got today. man it is so bright. that is a fully lit room and it blew out the camera. i love the nice yellow/gold color it gives me

Man this is an ever evolving etch project. i just keep thinking of things i want to add. here are some photos of it with the newest etching and a working switch ring(finally)

IMG_20170317_120528.jpgIMG_20170317_120555.jpgIMG_20170317_120608.jpg

Wish i had a better camera but you get the jist