Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lone Master a simple MHS build

Default Lone Master a simple MHS build

Well after almost a year and a half since my last build i finally got the money to do a second. Went super simple and super small with thins one.Just a stun saber, since i dont feel like putting my cram-fu to the test. here is a parts list:

Blade Holder Style 13
    choke style 1 short
    4" Double female threaded connector
    Pommel style 4
    Red/orange Rebel Led
    12MM recessed switch

I know, I know....man that is small. 8.5 Inches to be exact. i am only putting a 24 inch blade in it. it is meant to be the saber of a Yoda-like master that removed himself from the Jedi order because he believed that there was more to the force than just the Jedi code. He is neither Dark nor Light he is simply one with the force. I plan to eventually go with a yellow-ish color for the blade but for now the red/orange i already had will do. Only thing i wish i would have added was a covertec clip but i can work on that later. and i may eventually try to add a Pico Crumble later on if i decide i want to kill myself fitting it all in.

Ok now for the picture:

IMG_20170227_191115.jpg

with amber cree:

IMG_20170306_182125.jpg

wish i had better a camera so the etch could be seen better. i didn't do a full soak etch i did the saltwater Q-tip method. i was to scared to do a full dip. i only have the one piece and no money to replace it if i screwed it up and i have done the Q-tip method many times on other things.
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 03-06-2017 at 04:27 PM.

That is pretty spiffy looking etch! Being new to saber smithing I have not even heard of the q-tip method.

There are youtube videos check them out

Very nice etching. More pics?

Trying to get some better ones will post more soon.

I really like the design of that saber really small, a nice one handed for sure! Either choice of etching you do will be amazing for me either way because I can't and haven't learned to do that yet anyway XD. For real though really nice saber I love sabers that are small one handers vice a one handed "holy crap that's huge" saber O.o.
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

IMG_20170228_102244.jpg
    IMG_20170228_102328.jpg

Here are some better pics. I am thinking of putting on a small shroud on the blade holder. Haven't decided on a design yet but will keep ya updated.

Nice etching. The small size is impressive. Do you have a youngling that it is intended for (to go with your small master backstory)?

Yes my 2 sons love playing with mine but it is to heavy for them. This one they can handle a bit better. Also the 24" blade length helps them not kill everything in the house. But I like to dual wield and this works well as an offhand saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    Yes my 2 sons love playing with mine but it is to heavy for them. This one they can handle a bit better. Also the 24" blade length helps them not kill everything in the house. But I like to dual wield and this works well as an offhand saber.
    Great idea The etching is looking good!
    Join me, join the dark side!