Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The ongoing saga of my bad luck with saber building continues.

Thx for the tip.
    I'll try buying some more discs to replace the broken one, and then if the new ones also don't fit... I may need to contact Tim.
    They are S3 - Nano Biscotte & 18650.... & S8 - Recharge Port (in blue)
    There are some odd looking (rough?) patches on the inside of the new hilt, running part way down it's length in a few spots. I will try to get a picture of that later today when I can access my PC, since I don't know if this is normal or not.

Pictures finally, not the greatest quality, I'm afraid... 5mp camera on a cheap phone, with no macro setting.

The first 2 images show the inside of the hilt, although the rough spots (darker, finger shaped bits... best description I
    can come up with) are a bit hard to see.

The 3rd photo shows my mistake of having the box mounted too close to the threaded end of the hilt. (More specifically,
    I believe I requested the box be centered between the threads & the first groove.) The result is my v3 (long) heat sink
    is blocking about half of the switch hole. If I had been smart, I would have checked the internal view on the saber
    builder which would have allowed me to catch the problem. I then could have flipped the box around so the larger
    (switch) side would be pointed towards the pommel before submitting the order.

I can think of 2 possible solutions to this mistake:
    1) wait until the v4 (flat) heat sink is in stock, and replace the long v3 I have now (along with a new thermal pad).
    2) Buy either a choke (style 1 - short, maybe) or wait for the .75" male/female extension to restock.

At any rate, I will be buying the button head screw I forgot and some more chassis discs, hoping they fit in the hilt,
    unlike the last ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images