Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MPP 2.0 Basic Install, tiny accuracy upgrades, Etc. (Pic log included!)

Quote Originally Posted by OLDY View Post
    I ordered directly from Parks. That's why. He said it'll take up to 10 weeks.
    I'm expecting April.
    Anyways, I was at first worried if MHS Speaker Mount V6 would fit inside Graflex 2.0.
    Then you and others are planning similar builds so now I am sure there is no space issue.
    Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing how your MPP turning out.
    Quoted from RoninBJJ on his thread "First build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit" starts here "The info I have been able to gather so far is that the ID of the grip 1-5/16" (1.3125")."

It seems you will have a little wiggle space about 0.05" (that's if you round the 1.3125 and subtract that from 1.25) you should be good maybe you could use the plastic tube as well!
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSyProject View Post

Is it possible to flip the housing to have the led top side I'm assuming now that I mentioned you probably tried that already huh ?
    No, didn't try that as it is not possible. The housing also includes the threads to attach the bottom portion. It's kind of a janky design in my opinion. There's over 3" of blade socket if I recall correctly.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    No, didn't try that as it is not possible. The housing also includes the threads to attach the bottom portion. It's kind of a janky design in my opinion. There's over 3" of blade socket if I recall correctly.
    Holy crap 3"!? i mean i guess that's great but, like you said janky design flaw cause i was freaking out thinking that there wasn't anywhere for me to mount the LED to and either way there is still that slight problem with securing the LED .. since i already ordered it i can't make a reason to get the screw and if i make even a decent size purchase my wife would kill me as this addiction steals my money!
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Quote Originally Posted by IINerfII View Post
    Yes, I used the V6. For whatever reason, it locks in the pommel just like MHS parts would. I do not believe it works for the graflex, but I could be wrong.
    Are you sure? Doesn't MPP 2.0 has the same bottom half as Graflex 2.0?
    I am not entirely sure myself about that. I don't have the parts in front of me.
    I've read that Graflex 2.0 has inner diameter of 1.25" which is compatible with MHS right?
    Last edited by OLDY; 02-28-2017 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Holy crap 3"!? i mean i guess that's great but, like you said janky design flaw cause i was freaking out thinking that there wasn't anywhere for me to mount the LED to and either way there is still that slight problem with securing the LED .. since i already ordered it i can't make a reason to get the screw and if i make even a decent size purchase my wife would kill me as this addiction steals my money!
    Yep, just did a rough measure and it's around 3.75" from just under the emitter spring to the step at the bottom of the housing. Add the threads and you have around 4.25" for module and blade.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Quoted from RoninBJJ on his thread "First build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit" starts here "The info I have been able to gather so far is that the ID of the grip 1-5/16" (1.3125")."

It seems you will have a little wiggle space about 0.05" (that's if you round the 1.3125 and subtract that from 1.25) you should be good maybe you could use the plastic tube as well!
    Oldy I just quoted you this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Yep, just did a rough measure and it's around 3.75" from just under the emitter spring to the step at the bottom of the housing. Add the threads and you have around 4.25" for module and blade.
    Wow my 32" blade just turned into a 28.75" blade

Thank you.
    I couldn't be sure until I have the parts in front of me but that's a very useful information.
    I can always sand down some plastic off the Speaker Mount I guess.
    I do hope your build goes smoothly.

Yes the MPP and my other CSS parts have shipped today! With 3 day shipping it will be here really fast so I'll let you all know when I received it! I also as of 8:09 pm EST bought the ESB wires from WannaWanga soo looking forward to that. Only problem i have is the clap but i think i'll just leave that alone for now.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDY View Post
    Thank you.
    I couldn't be sure until I have the parts in front of me but that's a very useful information.
    I can always sand down some plastic off the Speaker Mount I guess.
    I do hope your build goes smoothly.
    The way everyone makes it seem I feel like it will be and dang easy install!
    Last edited by RogueSyProject; 03-01-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Yes the MPP and my other CSS parts have shipped today! With 3 day shipping it will be here really fast so I'll let you all know when I received it! I also as of 8:09 pm EST bought the ESB wires from WannaWanga soo looking forward to that. Only problem i have is the clap but i think i'll just leave that alone for now.

The way everyone makes it seem I feel like it will be and dang easy install!
    Good to hear your parts are on your way!
    Are you planning to record your build on video? I am thinking about doing that myself.
    Whether I'm going to share it on YouTube or not, I think I want to record my build on video for the future reference.
    I'd love to check out your MPP 2.0 install on YouTube.