Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MPP 2.0 Basic Install, tiny accuracy upgrades, Etc. (Pic log included!)

It depends on how you resistor or drive it, the red and blue don't both have to be at full power . The Royal blue is generally recommended for purple. Getting a satisfying purple is probably one of the more difficult mixes, and there is a lot of difference in what one might like best.

No problem brother! hey I heard your Graflex may take while to get to you? Why is that?
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSyProject View Post
    Nerf thanks for that but, the holder is actually listed with the v6 mount which wasn't the smartest idea ill separate it later so that it's seen lol. I'll seen that there is away to hold a 1" led module inside of the MPP without the retention screw. The inner housing apparently has a "step" that allows for a 1" module which will give me a glow at the slots where the wires are suppose to go for the accuracy of ESB. if I am wrong though and the info that I got was bum scoop then I guess I will have to order that 10-32 set screw!
    I can verify that there is a counter bore in the bottom of the black housing that will hold a 1" module. The module sticks out of the housing about 0.3". And you do need to find a way to retain it in place. A set screw or glue/epoxy would work.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Thanks DC, do you think for now hot glue or super glue would work? Dueling is not an option for this saber for a long while so that should hold right?
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Blog Entries

Hot glue is less permanent so you could remove it and try a different solution. But I am not sure if the tolerance of the fit would allow much hot glue. Super glue will definitely work, but would require heat to remove and that causes some very harmful fumes and I would not suggest it. The ones I am working on will have the module integrated into the chassis instead.

Yes, I used the V6. For whatever reason, it locks in the pommel just like MHS parts would. I do not believe it works for the graflex, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Hot glue is less permanent so you could remove it and try a different solution. But I am not sure if the tolerance of the fit would allow much hot glue. Super glue will definitely work, but would require heat to remove and that causes some very harmful fumes and I would not suggest it. The ones I am working on will have the module integrated into the chassis instead.
    Right I figured as much I thought about it right after I posted like a dummy and I don't like hot glue very much either since it's messy and can get chunky. Your modular chassis led idea sounds like the led would be mount a bit lower then usual then huh? I seen on FX that you recently received some MPPs of your own and was wondering if that means I'll be waiting for a bit for mine since I ordered it this past weekend?

Blog Entries

I ordered my MPP from Korbanth a year ago . The other is a commission and I suspect he got his around the same time.

No, the module will still go into the bottom of the housing all the way to the step.

I ordered directly from Parks. That's why. He said it'll take up to 10 weeks.
    I'm expecting April.
    Anyways, I was at first worried if MHS Speaker Mount V6 would fit inside Graflex 2.0.
    Then you and others are planning similar builds so now I am sure there is no space issue.
    Thanks for that. Looking forward to seeing how your MPP turning out.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    I ordered my MPP from Korbanth a year ago . The other is a commission and I suspect he got his around the same time.

No, the module will still go into the bottom of the housing all the way to the step.

Is it possible to flip the housing to have the led top side I'm assuming now that I mentioned you probably tried that already huh ?