Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MPP 2.0 Basic Install, tiny accuracy upgrades, Etc. (Pic log included!)

Default MPP 2.0 Basic Install, tiny accuracy upgrades, Etc. (Pic log included!)

Good afternoon everyone!! So I will start by staying that I just order a MPP 2.0 kit from CSS (Obliviously! well not really I think ha.) Everything seem to pretty much be in order on my end I believe I have all the proper things need for this install of mine (I have to prove to some people that I can do saber installs for some reason .) and it seems like this will be my second install but, first complete install saber with the SF falling behind it due to me aggressively ripping out my recharge port messing up the pins and the saber was stuck on a boot up loop and sometimes not even firing up. (I already took it apart so I've rechecked the wiring for non heat shrinked areas.) I ordered the MPP on like Saturday or Sunday with three day shipping so I'm hoping to receive it this week so I can see how to install it and possibly help other with theirs should they need it. I was looking around for builds mostly because my only concern is the switch section wiring I hear and seen where the switch is located but, I still want to be sure that I am wiring it right.

HILT:

- MPP 2.0

MISC:

- 7/8" Completed thin walled trans white poly carbonate blade 32" long (My NCO Saber size O.o.)
    - ESB Wires from WannaWanga (Red, brown, grey, blue and white.) 1 Mar 17

- ELECTRONICS:

- Nano Biscotti v3
    - Removable Rechargeable 18650 (Trustfire Brand.)
    - Tri-Cree R,R,W
    - Thermal pads
    - 18 Degree Focusing Lens
    - Switch that is provided in the kit??
    - 28mm Bass speaker
    - Resistor - 3x 1 Ohm 2 Watt Resistors (for the red dice and white dice. I also have 1.2 Ohm 3 Watts just in case but, but I believe Tim said it was fine to use 1 O 2 W for reds too.)

CHASSIS:

- v6 Speaker mount to house the 18650, NBv3, and the 28mm bass speaker.

- 18650 holder

Feel free to leave advice as I await the shipment tracking and maybe pick my brain to see if I really get what I'm doing or if I am a chump installer still O.o.
    Thanks for your time everyone see you all down below!

R/S
    RogueSyProject
    Last edited by RogueSyProject; 03-01-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

With the V6 battery holder, don't forget to order the 18650 battery holder that fits in there too! It should be under the battery drop down menu somewhere. The saber does come with a switch and switch hat, and it's fairly painless to install. Make sure you have a 10-32 set screw to secure the LED with. You'll need a 7/8" heatsink and LED. In the shop it's called "LED with modified base" but you can do the mod yourself to save some cash. It's a very straightforward install, and MTFBWY!

Nerf thanks for that but, the holder is actually listed with the v6 mount which wasn't the smartest idea ill separate it later so that it's seen lol. I'll seen that there is away to hold a 1" led module inside of the MPP without the retention screw. The inner housing apparently has a "step" that allows for a 1" module which will give me a glow at the slots where the wires are suppose to go for the accuracy of ESB. if I am wrong though and the info that I got was bum scoop then I guess I will have to order that 10-32 set screw!
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Ah I wasn't aware of that. Either way, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by IINerfII View Post
    Ah I wasn't aware of that. Either way, good luck!
    Wait have you done a MPP install already?

Yeah, I finished it up a few days ago. V6 mount with a red/royal blue/white led to make an OT Vader reddish pink color. Very straightforward install, I'm sure you'll have no issues!

Got a build log for it or any pictures? I'm very curious to see the saber even though I have seen CSS pictures close ups are always nice! What!? Dang it I thought that a R/rB/W would make for a purple blade O.o or is it R/B/W that would make for that violet purple blade?

No build log, sorry! I just threw it all together in one fell swoop! I can take a photo of the completed saber if that would be helpful

Sure did you use the v6 too or?

I am very interested in your build.
    I am also planning an install of a Graflex 2.0 with MHS Speaker Mount V6.
    It seems to be the simplest way. Please let me follow your build log.