Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Vinyl cutter need design

Default New Vinyl cutter need design

Just picked up a new vinyl cutter so i can finally get some detailed etching done. Now i am looking for a design similar to that of Satele Shan's lightsaber. i have found some nice filigree work online but i really want something close to that design. if anyone has a jpg of that so i can import it into my cutting software i would really appreciate it. I know, i know just keep looking and you will find something. well i have been looking for weeks now and havent found what i am looking for. i have seen some really nice satele sabers so i know someone has to have what i am looking for.

For Satele Shan's saber most if not all just free handed that pattern....hence why you can't find a .jpg of it.

DAMN. cause i cant draw for nothing. well hopefully someone out there might have something of that style. thanks for the info

Hit up your local art communities or find people on websites like DeviantArt that do commissions.

You don't have to do everything, so long as you're capable of finding people who can do what you can't.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

If you send me an image of what you are trying to emulate, and some dimensions, I might be able to put something together for you.

He's after this....the pattern on the body of her saber.
    ConsularSaberScreenshot.jpg

If i had the time i would draw it for you....but i don't sorry.

yes it doesnt have to be exactly the same as on Satele's saber but in that style. i have been waiting a long time to do a intricate etching. Finally had the extra money to get a vinyl cutter so i can. just wish i could draw...lol. I have been playing with it tho. here is some fun stuff i have done while waiting on saber parts and hunting for a design.

IMG_20170226_125621.jpg

what are the dimensions? In order to make it look correct as it wraps around, you will need circumference and length (width and height).

What brand cutter did you get? I have a design I've adapted but my Silhouette uses *.studio files and I don't think I have the original...

I have a silhouette but I bought the software upgrade so I can import jpg and convert to cut files. So ifnyou have a .studio file I can work with it to fit my needs. Not sure what the circumference is but it is the 4" double female that I want tto etch.