Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Anakin Conversion Question

Question 2007 Anakin Conversion Question

Hey guys! Long time lurker, finally getting to give the hobby a go!

Just scored a deal on an Anakin MR saber that I plan to convert provided i can get it working. My question is can the stock board handle the Tri Rebel LED?

I'm asking because the TCSS store is out of stock on Blue and Royal Blue.

Nevermind I found my answer,.............and feel like a moron for not seeing it before posting this

I could use a tri,....but it wouldn't be nearly as bright.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

As I am sure you found, the stock MR board is not capable of running more than 1 individual LED at full brightness; adding others decreases the current going to each

Yes, don't even know how I missed it before posting.

Got my MR saber in the mail today and began troubleshooting it while waiting on my conversion kit. (Was a "not working" ebay purchase) Turns out the small connector on the inside of the chassis towards the rear of the board had worked loose. So now once my kit and LED get in I'm ready to roll with this conversion. So freaking excited.

While waiting I'm cleaning up my hilt, getting all the old decals off and grim off the rubber grips.

Well got everything in. Got the electronics set up and parts cut and everything.

Just can't get the holder into the hilt lol

So tomorrow I'll look at sanding the holder and hilt a bit to make them fit.

Did learn one thing,....time for the old gas soldering iron to get put back in the workvan and buy a plug in iron for the workbench, argh this was annoying to do wth a gas iron

Well. Now my blade holder is stuck partially in the hilt.

Starting to think the kit doesn't work with the 2007 model very well.

Finally got it. For some reason there was a catch point with the holder. After sanding both it and inside the hilt with a Dremel for a bit I could get it 3/4 or so and it would stick. Finally it pushed a little too far but enough that a soft tap with a hammer and screw driver realigned it perfectly.

I feel like a kid with his new favorite toy lol. Can't wait till tonight to take my boy outside for some dueling lol.

So now the question I have,....will any of the Graflex bits work the the MR hilts? Could i replace the copper glass with proper glass eye replica,will the red button work etc?

IMG_20170310_212127787.jpg
    Finally designed a blade plug. Used 3/4 pex (only thing I could find that fit) and a faucet aerator and a wrap of duct tape to fill it out.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I actually really like the pattern that makes!