Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Powder coating options?

Question Powder coating options?

Sorry if i'm asking the obvious (newb to TCSS here), but i was under the impression some parts in MHS builder have different powder coating options available. I'm not seeing anything besides solid color, no matter which part i try. Am i missing something?

Thanks!
    Last edited by orcinus; 05-09-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orcinus View Post
    Sorry if i'm asking the obvious (newb to TCSS here), but i was under the impressions some parts in MHS builder have different powder coating options available. I'm not seeing anything besides solid color, no matter which part i try. Am i missing something?

Thanks!
    Welcome to the Forums.

The options you are referring to have been suspended until further notice.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hekko, I've just seen the YouTube videos to build a saber and how to use the MHS Builder, and I was wondering the same about the powder coating styles.
    Any news about them ? Are they coming back or totally cancelled ?
    Thank you

It's possible that those powder coating options could be brought back in the future:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...er-coating-etc

Don't give up hope!

I was wondering the same thing. I guess it's obvious that the $5,- fee for these coating options in comparison with the workload isn't worth it for the saber shop, due to it being time consuming.
    However, if they'd just raise the prices of these services, wouldn't that fix the whole issue?

Sadly, the lack of this service is holding me back from ordering a custom saber at the moment.
    Last edited by Stiff; 12-24-2015 at 04:00 AM.

It's been said that it's not really an issue of price. If it was the price, the whole PC service likely would have been eliminated. It was the time involved with detailed PC slowing down production. He didn't want everyone's orders to start shipping slower because he was spending all his time powder coating.

And the latest that I've heard is that no action is actively being taken to bring back that service, so you may need to think about ordering complete PC and removing the areas that you don't want or locally sourcing a PC job.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Removing areas that I don't want coated is an excellent solution. However, how would I remove the coating without damaging the hilt itself?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

depending where you want to remove it from, sanding is a good option

It may take some careful, time intensive work but various members here have successfully sanded PC off and restored the metal finish to normal. It can be done.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.