Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OWK Korbanth Hilt Build LED Heatsink Question...

UPDATE... hey guys so I finally got my heatsink and was able to assemble the saber..

Issues -
    1) The volume on this hilt is extremely low.. I have the nano set at its peak (4) and it is still very low in volume.. im assuming its due to the 20mm speaker.. HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT A WAY TO MAKE THIS LOUDER??

2) Back to the issue of the ignition switch.. looks like the pins for the switch do get in the way of the bottom portion screwing on to the emitter section.. I tried screwing it all the way in only to realize that it broke off one of the connections... HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION FOR THIS..

other than that the hilt is awesome!! please let me know PICTURES WOULD HELP

It's actually possible to fit a 28mm premium speaker into the pommel, into the base of the threaded section of the cap. That's what I plan on doing.

As for the activation switch, you can just cut off the protruding part of the PCB and solder directly to the switch itself.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    It's actually possible to fit a 28mm premium speaker into the pommel, into the base of the threaded section of the cap. That's what I plan on doing.

As for the activation switch, you can just cut off the protruding part of the PCB and solder directly to the switch itself.

Would you be placing a Premium or a Bass speaker?? would you use a mount for it ?? if so which one do you see that would fit?

It's actually possible to fit a 28mm premium speaker
    The bass one won't fit. Even the premium one has to be sanded before it will fit. I don't actually have a premium speaker on me to mess around with, so I haven't tested mounting solutions yet. I'll likely use a 3D printed solution though.

The bass one won't fit. Even the premium one has to be sanded before it will fit. I don't actually have a premium speaker on me to mess around with, so I haven't tested mounting solutions yet. I'll likely use a 3D printed solution though.
    OH IC!! well I was actually able to locate some 26mm speakers online.. I will try to use them as soon as I get them and possibly build a custom Speaker holder to prevent rattling.. I will update as soon as I get it on..

I just started this build... Do you have a chassis you're planning on using? I've been considering 3D printing one, but I'm unsure exactly how I want my layout... I've seen a recharge port in the bottom of the pommel as well as inside the covertec (I'd love to see how that's done). Got my first parts ordered, and I'm excited to see how your build goes!

If you're willing to wait a little while, I believe Darth Ryo at G.O.T.H. Custom Sabers is designing a 3D-printable chassis for use with the OWK, or you could use some of his 7/8" chassis parts that he already has for sale on Shapeways.

As far as the layout goes, it's really up to you. There's plenty of space in that hilt if your not going for a crystal reveal.

I'm not too keen on having to pay other people to print things out for me when I have a printer myself... seems pretty counter-intuitive. I'm in the process of designing one up now. Super basic little tube thing... going off of the product dimensions listed in the shop