Thread: Sabers on a Plane

Default Sabers on a Plane

Have any of you had any issues taking sabers on an airplane? Worried that the TSA will put me in a small room for several hours when they see metal pipes in my luggage.

Also worried because of the Lithium Ion batteries, I know they cant be shipped via air, but having one or two AA sized batteries shouldn't cause too much issue> right?
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Should be as acceptable as carrying on a phone; has similar parts but with far less functionality. It's a noisey flashlight.

I posted some notes based on my experiences here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ith-your-saber

I strongly recommend smiling to the TSA agent and saying something like "I guess you found my lightsaber, it's really just a glorified flashlight" They are going to want to look at it anyway. Make it easy, be friendly, keep it in your carry-on and make it easy to get to. Do not make stupid jokes about potential threats or immigration. They aren't funny even when you don't have a suspicious object in your bag.

Ugh...the part about taking it apart makes me nauseated. My cram fu was not the best when i built this.

What about mailing the saber down?
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

You shouldn't have to take it apart. They might swab it, but they are probably not even going to let you touch it until they hand it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cern View Post
    What about mailing the saber down?
    You can mail lithium ion batteries, but you need to tell the USPS agent when mailing it. You'll need a kill key, to prevent it from activating in the package. Full details available online. They are generally not allowed in UPS or FedEx air shipments.