Thread: My new saber build

Default My new saber build

Hello Saber-Smiths,

Just wanted to share my new saber build with you! My first time trying my hand at acid etching! A very Dathomirian Tribal Tattooing on it! Lots of heavy weathering and grunge with spray paint tricks and aluminum blacking! Also my first time with soldering tiny SMD LEDs on the sound board! Turned out really cool!

DSC_0165.jpgDSC_0166.jpgDSC_0167.jpgDSC_0168.jpgDSC_0169.jpgDSC_0170.jpgDSC_0172.jpgDSC_0175.jpgDSC_0178.jpgDSC_0180.jpg

Nicely done. Love the etching and weathering.

Blog Entries

That's freaking awesome!

Very nicely done.

Awsome job!

Very cool, great shroud work. I love the greeblies too. I was planning on using lamp nuts as well on another build but i love that knurled knob on the side, seemingly small detail that really sells it as a functional weapon, well done.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Looking good, it does...
    Join me, join the dark side!

I like it! Nice work on the shroud and etching.
    The Force shall free me.

This saber looks great! I love the etching pattern and the shape of the shroud, and the little details like the knurling.

Thanks to all who have commented thus far! My 1.2" extensions and gender changers come in tomorrow, so I'll be able to add my quick-connect coupler and combine both sabers into a staff! I'll be sharing that when I'm done! I'm also in the process of a demo video of it. I'll be placing it on my new YouTube channel where I will be displaying all my saber builds, as well as NERF gun internal mods with external fabrication mods based on Starwars and video game themes!
    Last edited by jsummit; 02-23-2017 at 03:07 PM.