Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A budget Graflex Build

Quote Originally Posted by OLDY View Post
    Okay, thanks for your input.
    I re-did my schematics as you suggested.

Attachment 15043
    I would actually wire the Led-postives to the board, but i think thatīs mostly personal preference...
    Join me, join the dark side!

What about the switch wiring too? I only see a negative connection line should there be a positive one too? I tried to be fancy and went with a illum AV switch with my install so I may have overlooked or missed so information regarding that
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheForce View Post
    I would actually wire the Led-postives to the board, but i think thatīs mostly personal preference...
    Thank you. I will revisit my wiring with actual NBv3 diagram again when I start working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSyProject View Post
    What about the switch wiring too? I only see a negative connection line should there be a positive one too? I tried to be fancy and went with a illum AV switch with my install so I may have overlooked or missed so information regarding that
    Yeah, I re-checked the NBv3 diagram. On my build, I won't need a positive going to the switch. Thanks for your input.

Today I received an email saying Nano Biscotte v3 is back in stock so I grabbed it right away.
    My parts shopping is done.

I'll come back here when I have them delivered at my house.
    I'll probably start from LED wiring. I'll receive Graflex 2.0 dead last, probably somewhere in April.

Still no sign of any TCSS parts getting delivered to my place.
    USPS tracking shows me so far as it is in CA since February 26, 2017 , 11:21 am.
    The status hasn't changed for the last 10 days.
    Postal service in my country has no info on the package either.

Is my saber build over before it even begins?

Default No Response from Parks Sabers

It has been 15 weeks and I still haven't got my Graflex 2.0 from Parks Sabers.
    I have emailed them multiple times now but no reply.

Oh, parts I bought from TCSS got lost during USPS First Class shipment.
    Looks like my saber build is doomed.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wow, that's terrible, dude. I lived in Okinawa for a long time, and I've had packages lost too. I empathize with you.

My favorite store -by far- was Makeman... I can still hear the theme song in my head. When I started shopping there, my projects started changing to reflect the materials that I had available to me. What I mean by that is, when I would look for "lightsaber parts" in America, I would find lots of kits and lots of premade components that could be adapted to look like a lightsaber. But Makeman has MUCH more RAW materials and FAR LESS premade kits, so a lot of my projects would use raw materials that I adapted to fit my needs.

For example, I couldn't find machine screws in imperial measurement so I used metric (M3, M4, etc), but metric screws, particularly M3, have more threads than a comparable 6-32, and thus was able to secure tubes together more securely and would hold threads better than imperial. Also, I the only place that I could find clear crystals was a woman's accessory store called Silver, and they were all crappy. But Makeman sold square acrylic rod that I could file and sand to look like crystals... which was better for me, because I could make them however I wanted. My point is, kits are great to start with, but you'll eventually desire more customization and if you get to know your materials, you could end up being in better position to make what you want.

Parksabers always takes a long time, so it might still be coming. Most of the US-based tracking stops at CA, because that's where they get on a boat for the international first class trip across the Pacific, which takes about a month. A TCSS chassis V6 will work, I've used it. But you will need a small shim of 1.25" OD x 1.125" ID tube to hold it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Wow, that's terrible, dude. I lived in Okinawa for a long time, and I've had packages lost too. I empathize with you.

My favorite store -by far- was Makeman... I can still hear the theme song in my head. When I started shopping there, my projects started changing to reflect the materials that I had available to me. What I mean by that is, when I would look for "lightsaber parts" in America, I would find lots of kits and lots of premade components that could be adapted to look like a lightsaber. But Makeman has MUCH more RAW materials and FAR LESS premade kits, so a lot of my projects would use raw materials that I adapted to fit my needs.

For example, I couldn't find machine screws in imperial measurement so I used metric (M3, M4, etc), but metric screws, particularly M3, have more threads than a comparable 6-32, and thus was able to secure tubes together more securely and would hold threads better than imperial. Also, I the only place that I could find clear crystals was a woman's accessory store called Silver, and they were all crappy. But Makeman sold square acrylic rod that I could file and sand to look like crystals... which was better for me, because I could make them however I wanted. My point is, kits are great to start with, but you'll eventually desire more customization and if you get to know your materials, you could end up being in better position to make what you want.

Parksabers always takes a long time, so it might still be coming. Most of the US-based tracking stops at CA, because that's where they get on a boat for the international first class trip across the Pacific, which takes about a month. A TCSS chassis V6 will work, I've used it. But you will need a small shim of 1.25" OD x 1.125" ID tube to hold it in place.
    Thanks eastern57.
    Jeff Parks finally got back to me!
    Turns out the package was returned to the US for some reason.
    He had it sent to me again last week.

Two of my TCSS shipments are also found back in US!
    Great news but I've gotta pay them again for the re-shipment.

All the parts and tools are finally here!
    This is my A-Z build log of Graflex 2.0 Kit.

Main LED wiring

CPU glue on the heat sink

Main LED Module

I tested each emitter with 18650 battery and they all worked property.