Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Chamber help

I thought I would post another attempt at a CC I did today. This time I have extra spacers for wires put in. I do need to tap in a set screw into the TCSS extension, but I only have a hand drill and I'm a little nervous about ruining the material.

Last edited by Jediseth; 08-25-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    I thought I would post another attempt at a CC I did today. This time I have extra spacers for wires put in. I do need to tap in a set screw into the TCSS extension, but I only have a hand drill and I'm a little nervous about ruining the material.

That looks nice! If you don't mind me asking, how tall / long is that CC from end to end. I'm trying to determine how long the spacers for my chamber need to be.

Thanks.

The aluminum spacers are 2 inches and came from the shop. Then you add the disks on each end which are disk #3. It all kind of depends on your crystal as well. Luckily the 2" spacers fit. Sometimes I have to cut them or add washers so the crystal is nice and tight. I don't like to use glue, so I don't.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 03-26-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Here is one I just did using a Flourite crystal.

Last edited by Jediseth; 08-25-2017 at 03:15 PM.

A crystal reveal done with TCSS parts.

Last edited by Jediseth; 08-25-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Nice work dude.

Thanks man, I do have a few members here that I look up to on this subject. I'm officially inspired. I do have a ways to go.

Here is a new one with a ultramarine crystal. I'm using different parts on each of these as much as I can just to try out different things I have found.

I have sort of decided to just make this my CC album page. Why not-
    Last edited by Jediseth; 08-25-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post

Here is a new one with a ultramarine crystal. I'm using different parts on each of these as much as I can just to try out different things I have found.

I have sort of decided to just make this my CC album page. Why not-
    @Jediseth - are those thumbscrews that are holding the crystal at each end? I'm going to the local hardware store this weekend in search of crystal chamber parts and I'd like to see if I can find these.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by darth.maledous View Post
    @Jediseth - are those thumbscrews that are holding the crystal at each end? I'm going to the local hardware store this weekend in search of crystal chamber parts and I'd like to see if I can find these.

Thanks,
    These are actually coaxial cable parts. They have a threaded end. I can fit them on both sides of the chamber. With one I cut off the nut and the remainder of it fits in a chassis disk. Where the 5mm led can fit into. On the other I cut off the screw nut end and then cut the remainder off with a Dremel and cut off wheel so there is a hole for the Crystal. Then you just look for a screw to fit in the hole on the other end and screw it in place on the chassis disk. Very easy to do. You may also have to cut off some of the screw to make room for the crystal to fit. I actually got these coaxial cable ends at Radio Shack, but I'm sure if you look around you can find them elsewhere. The screw on ones work the best.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 08-25-2017 at 03:31 PM.