Thread: Hello from the Netherworld... erm Netherlands

Default Hello from the Netherworld... erm Netherlands

Hi guys,

I found this forum through some pintrest photo's (god i hate pintrest for general use) and followed them here.
    I am new to everything scratchbuilding and I have 2 left hands, but I want to try to build some plastic sabre hilts for a friend.

I do have some experience in painting and weathering, as I am used to paint and weather sci-fi and historical model kits.

I have read a bunch of forum posts and a lot of them are about electronics and pre-fab modular hilts, but thats not what I'm here for.

I expect to be inspired by some of the amazing work i've seen here and expect some questions about how to build a plastic sabre from scratch

cya around

Welcome to the party dude.

Greenie

Good afternoon FearGFX, welcome to the forum here! I'm new here still myself but, I tend to chat a little here and there. This forum is awesome for ideas as there are plenty of seasoned sabersmiths here that try to give you their time of day to assist and give advice! I have asked very little as of recent but, they make it rather easy to read threads that can help you grow as a sabersmith in your own right! I usually just read up on a bunch of stuff and try not to bother the mods and members to much it feels a lot better when you start, mess up here and there, and then finally figure it out. Gives you more to look forward to and gain the experience just like everyone else. I am not in the realm of "from scratch" but, more like the installer. Hope you enjoy the knowledge that you are soon to receive from this forum MTFBWY in your new hobby!

R/S
    RogueSyProject

Blog Entries

Welcome to the saberhood.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys!
    I guess I will be looking for project logs from people who made their own sabres from plastic compartments before attempting to build something. And I have till december to finish my project as I want to give it to him when we go see the new SW film

I will see you all around

Welcome to the forums!
    Join me, join the dark side!

Welcome to the forums!